MegaLogViewer as a telemetry analysis tool

Questions specific to Megalogviewer

Moderator: LT401Vette

Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

MegaLogViewer as a telemetry analysis tool

Post by Reverant »

Hi Phil,

I've been considering MLV as a viewer for my datalogger logs. I am currently developing an app that reads the MS1/extra as well as the Innovate MTS datalog chain and outputs to an MS log that MegaLogViewer can read. This gives me an early start. However, I would like some things:

1) Different groups of data. I need to seperate the engine data from the driving data. That would look something like this:

a) A row of tabs under the menubar. You can add tabs as needed.
b) When you click on a tab, you get to choose different sets of data. Example: Tabs "Engine", "Suspension", "Brakes", "Steering". Under engine you can choose "RPM, AFR, Knock, EGT," etc from the left drop down boxes as usual. Under suspension you can choose "LF ride height, LR ride height, Roll Angle, Yaw Rate, G Lateral" etc. And so forth.
c) All the tabs should be time synced. Ie I'm at T=123.45sec in the "Suspension" tab, I click in the "Engine" tab and it is also at 123.4sec.

2) Check which gauges to show on the bottom "gauge bar". Check whether you want just the text reading ("AFR(WB02): 14.7"), just the gauge ("AFR: <<GAUGE>>"), or both. Choose to stack bigger gauges on the right, under the VE and IGN table editors.

3) Architecture for extra (pluggable) gauges (ie steering wheel angle shows a steering wheel turning left and right, EGT temperature shows a header getting red or cold depending on the temperature of the exhaust gas.

4) I will add more stuff as I develop my app more and more. :)

Jim
The man behind MS Labs
2005 Audi A3 2.0L TFSI DSG AWD - Extreme MS3
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost