measuring AE

Questions specific to Megalogviewer

Moderator: LT401Vette

vtmegasquirter
Helpful MS/Extra'er

measuring AE

Post by vtmegasquirter »

Is there data to monitor the acceleration enrichment in MLV?
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: measuring AE

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Not sure exactly what you mean but watch the PW trace/s. You will see the spike when it is added. The spike will show how much extra and when. The TP AE and MAP AE indicators down the bottom also light up to confirm the PW spike you are looking at is an AE event.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
vtmegasquirter
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by vtmegasquirter »

I don't see TP AE in MLV, or PW trace. Maybe its a definition of terms that has me confused. I was just curious if I could see how much fuel was being added when AE was active.
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

You really need to tell us what type of megasquirt and what firmware you have on it before we can know what fields you have.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
vtmegasquirter
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by vtmegasquirter »

Sorry, I running MS2/Extra, 3.3alpha5 Gslender v2.8 firmware.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

vtmegasquirter wrote:I don't see TP AE in MLV, or PW trace. Maybe its a definition of terms that has me confused. I was just curious if I could see how much fuel was being added when AE was active.
Click on an unused trace's drop down [v] about 11 down from the top is PW and do the same on another trace for PW2 thats about 14 down.
You see a bunch of green boxes below the graphs starting with Crank:N through to MAP DE:N? These turn red when active. One will be TP AE and there is also MAP AE.
Cheers Luke
vtmegasquirter
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by vtmegasquirter »

OK got it. Is the difference between PW and PW2 the amount that the AE is adding?
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

No PW1 is injector channel1 and PW2 is injector channel2. When you see the AE indicator change to red there will be a spike in the pulsewidth. More pulsewidth time makes injectors open longer which means more fuel. So you can see on the log trace the PW Added by your Accel Enrichment Wizard, being added to your prior steady PW.
Cheers Luke
vtmegasquirter
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by vtmegasquirter »

I guess my question is, when I open the throttle the PW goes up based on my VE table. How do I see how much the AE is adding in addition to my VE settings.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

I think what Luke is saying is:

You can determine that by viewing the Accel indicator in the log. When the indicator comes on you can , at least, approximate the accel value by the amount your pw increases while the accel indicator is on.

I can't explain it as well as Luke, but I hope it helps.

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

It really is easy to see. Give it a try. Pause mlv playback before the event and single step through it reading the PW time.
The situation where PW rises too fast to gauge Acc En just cant happen or you would'nt need AE from a tuning perspective.
Cheers Luke
vtmegasquirter
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by vtmegasquirter »

Sorry I'm being slow on this. I have done what you suggested, and understand what you're saying. I've attached a short truncated file of a dyno run where I quickly go to full throttle. I see where AE kicks in and the PW rises. How do I tell how much of the PW is from my VE table and how much is added by the AE?
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

Interesting......

A little off topic, but..... According to that log your MAP is ~90 kPa at idle.(can that be correct?)

Ken
Last edited by kjones6039 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
elaw
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elaw »

3 seconds... that *is* a short dyno run! :? :lol:

A longer log and a copy of your .msq file would give us more to go on. I think the log field you're looking for is "TPSacc", but it doesn't look like AE is being triggered.
Eric Law
1990 Audi 80 quattro with AAN turbo engine: happily running on MS3+MS3X
2012 Audi A4 quattro, desperately in need of tweaking

Be alert! America needs more lerts.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Ken, it is running @ 2000rpm, probably not idling. Maybe it's got boost wound right off?

Eric, I find looking at TPSacc to be useless at the best of times. In this log it's always 100% and in most of my logs it's only ever 100 or 101% then in decell whatever % you have entered in the wizard.

vtmega, thats not the best log to show it. The rise time was very fast and you throttled off suddenly as the Acell pulse was ending so it just looks like 1 big fall. If you want to know what it is adding fairly accurately in mSec, then you need to also bring up tpsDOT log graph. When the TPS AE changes state record the tpsDOT values as you step through until it drops to a small number that is under your tpsDOT threshold in Accel Enrichment Wizard. It will only be a few steps at most. Then use your tpsDOT numbers with the TPS Based AE graph in the wizard to find the PW that is being added at each point. If you were using mapDOT then the same process but MAP Based AE graph. Fairly easy hey.
Cheers Luke
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Had a bit of a dig today and the easiest way to see what is added in mSec, is to add this entry to the Datalog section of the ini file.

Code: Select all

entry = accelEnrich,         "AccEnrmS",         float,    "%.2f"
Then it will datalog the variable accelEnrich which is the acceleration enrichment in mSec before it is modified into % for the Accel Enrich gauge/log.
Of course you will actually have to do a log after modifying the ini for it to have the data to display.
Cheers Luke
vtmegasquirter
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by vtmegasquirter »

WOW, thanks for digging, I'll give that a try. In the meanwhile my wideband just died and I've got to figure out if its the sensor or the controller. Luckily, I had my computer with me. I was 100 miles from home. I disabled EGO control as my VE map was pretty good and was able to drive home without any issues.
stariondreams
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by stariondreams »

can this be done with ms1 3.0 ? log AE?
1986 Mitsubishi Starion 2.6
MS 3/msx3 3.57 36-1 wheel with mighty max optical cas sequential injection , ls1 coils
1000cc inj bosch idle valve on/off type, currently installing ms3