Feature suggestion - scratch ve and advance tables

Questions specific to Megalogviewer

Moderator: LT401Vette

Marek
Master MS/Extra'er

Feature suggestion - scratch ve and advance tables

Post by Marek »

When reviewing a log file, it would be great to cut and paste a VE or advance table into a scratch pad area in MLV, alter that new table and see a plot of the proposed new VE or spark table superimposed onto the current logfile trace to see how it compares against the datalog.

Another useful thing would be to allow the user to alter the x axis for AFR or EGO data to overlap them better against their targets - without the lag confusing things. Perhaps if the TS VEAL lambda delay table were somehow included into the MLV display of the AFR data, this would allow one to better tune lambda delay into the bargain.

kind regards
Marek
Marek
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature suggestion - scratch ve and advance tables

Post by Marek »

Here is a first stab at what I mean.

Use this utility in Excel to edit and then reimport to MLV so you can view what your VE or spark logfile trace would look like with an amended VE or spark table. It is obviously limited to 65000 records as I have used Excel.

Obviously the tables can be altered to different shapes for other applications so long as column T is reconstructed (as Excel dooesn't like data in descending order). Further VE and spark adjustments could be added to make it a more functional double check as to what composes the actually commanded spark or pulsewidth rather than looking at a group of dials.

I am open to suggestions as to how to implement that.

The file will likely be deleted from the board once the board usage limit is reached.

kind regards
Marek