Megalog Viewer doesn't launch

Questions specific to Megalogviewer

Moderator: LT401Vette

Shigenori
MS/Extra Newbie

Megalog Viewer doesn't launch

Post by Shigenori »

Hi

These couple days my Megalog viewer HD doesn't launch.
It was working OK till last week and just doesn't launch these days.
When I double click on the shortcut icon, the software's splash screen shows up.
However nothing happen after that.
When I see windows task manager, Megalog viewer's process is in the task manager when splash screen is shown, then it disappears immediately.

I uninstalled and re-installed the software, and installed latest java, but still it is not fixed.
My friend said his copy works ok, so this is happening on my PC only.
My PC is win7 32bit.

What happened to that? any solution?
Brian H EFI
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Megalog Viewer doesn't launch

Post by Brian H EFI »

Please go to C:\Users\Your PC Account Name\.efianalytics and send me your MegaLogViewerHDLogFile.txt file and I will take a look.
Marek
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Marek »

I had a similar issue when editing the .properties files to make the display contain what I wanted it to contain (the small screen not allowing me to see all of the menu options) but worked around it by editing copies of the original .properties files. In taskmanager, you could see the MLV memory usage go up and stall at ~68000 consistently if it didn't like how these files read when loading.

kind regards
Marek
Shigenori
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Shigenori »

I sent log file to Brian, but nothing replied at all. it's been a while since I sent log so I tried sending reminder message, but the message is only stored in draft folder and couldn't be sent to him...
so no advice came at all.
I just noticed that .efianalytics folder was not accessed at all after problem happened. Log file was not updated when crush happened.
Also I tried moving this folder to other place and saw if this folder remade when software is re-installed, but this folder was no made when re-installed the software.
JRE version is confirmed to be latest version. now ".efianalytics" folder is back to its original path.
Currently no possible cure at all, please help...
Brian H EFI
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Brian H EFI »

Sorry for letting this one slip through the cracks :oops: . I am looking into what may be causing this issue right now.