Looking to learn more about creating the graphs/charts

Questions specific to Megalogviewer

Moderator: LT401Vette

Prior.Early
MS/Extra Newbie

Looking to learn more about creating the graphs/charts

Post by Prior.Early »

Hello everyone,
I've built a couple MS-II units in the past, and I used the MSExtra Firmware. I MS'ed a 22RE on a Toyota 4-Runner and a 4AGE on an AE86 when I had one. That was quite a while ago, I sold all my cool car stuff in about 2007 and quit dumping money into cars and bought a house and such. Thus is life. I'm rusty on tuning, but know a lot, and spent a long time in and around aviation electronics. I think in terms of electronics/schematics when working through resource management.

I work with financial modeling for a living (military); budgetary feedback loops, demand signal, cost performance, inputs and outputs, variance analysis. I'm sure you can see some congruences between system engineering and electronic or software engineering. I work with a lot of fancy and expensive modeling software from contractors that are really cool, but I want control, and sort of have a vision of what I would like to see. Some of the fancy stuff a few of the contractors put out takes many gigabytes of database space and takes horribly long to operate, the largest to date is 14.7gb, and yet it doesn't answer some of my most basic and fundemental questions, and nor does not establish relationships between inputs and outputs quite as well as megalogviewer or tunerstudio.

I have hundreds of GB of historical data from dozens of accounts that fund various resources and activities, how much was budgeted, how much was funded, how much was actually spent, what was bought, and I know there are very distinct relationships and linkages that can be teased out of the data. I want to put together a series of tables that are relational to eachother much in the same way the fuel and spark advance tables are relational, filter in a myriad of conditions and settings just like we do with the myriad of engine settings, and build conditional comparison maps- just like the spark advance and fuel maps.

I really like the graphs and charts that I got used to in the megasquirt universe. I want to learn about the back end of megalogviewer and tunerstudio enough to learn how to build out a rough working functional concept for tuning a financial or resource budget based on feedback.

Can anyone help me get connected with the authors and the source code so I can start thinking about how I can build something that works? I swear, it will be an incredibly interesting project.

I currently use "CostPerform" software (based on oracle) with a crapload of helper excel files but would really like to start from scratch and build something more simple and profound. Most of the data files are actually only a couple MB each, some are maybe 20MB, so there's no need to be huge or resource hungry.

What are your thoughts?