VEAL Adding and adding

Questions specific to Megalogviewer

Moderator: LT401Vette

nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

VEAL Adding and adding

Post by nathanhardy »

So VEAL keeps adding fuel every time I run my tune and datalog through it I'm setting it so it corrects under 70 map max with a lag record time of 4 then saving and running that same log again on the saved tune at 70 min and a max 220 set at 1 record delay... My car runs into the 10's afr into boost especially when I shift, I'm also getting peaks on the VE table, my car doesn't seem to like more then 1 ms of adding fuel on the accel inrich.. I'm having the hardest time getting my afr's to be stable at steady state. I'm not stacking the logs and this problem only stated after a surge tank, Fpr and a walbro 450lph inside the surge tank fed by my stock in tank pump as a lift pump. Especially the peaks after the install of those components I will post a log and msq we I get to my laptop any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!
98 VW golf gti vr6 turbo 8:5:1 cr ported and polished full ferrea race valves train 276 cams custom short runner intake Borge 366 sx-e turbo forge wossner pistons, balanced rotating mass, limited slip 6 speed deka 750Lbs injectors on ms3pro completed AWD swap
hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: VEAL Adding and adding

Post by hardline »

Lambda delay table

If it is set to default, VEAL will chase its tail until it passes out.
2000 ZX2 : Sequential COP, MS3 + MS3X + TinyIOx, PWM Returnless Fuel, Flex Fuel, Variable Geometry Intake Manifold, Garrett GTX2863R .82AR housing @ 15 psi
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

You're talking about the record slider correct? If so I run the log through veal twice once at 4 for under 70 kpa and again at 1 for above that.. I partly think that I don't have enough ae being the cause of the VE table spikes but I've difiently been confused why mlv just keep adding fuel especially after the better fueling setup. Is there a better way to tell if you're getting a Rick misfire from having too much ae? Thank you for your response I did learn last night that one record is one click on the arrow button so my delays look to be off alittle so thank you!
98 VW golf gti vr6 turbo 8:5:1 cr ported and polished full ferrea race valves train 276 cams custom short runner intake Borge 366 sx-e turbo forge wossner pistons, balanced rotating mass, limited slip 6 speed deka 750Lbs injectors on ms3pro completed AWD swap
hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hardline »

No, there is a table under lambda delay, in advanced settings, under VE Analyze Live tab of Tunerstudio
2000 ZX2 : Sequential COP, MS3 + MS3X + TinyIOx, PWM Returnless Fuel, Flex Fuel, Variable Geometry Intake Manifold, Garrett GTX2863R .82AR housing @ 15 psi
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

Yeah I know about that for some reason when click on it it will not open. That's partly why I've been using mlv instead of auto tune! Maybe Phil could shed some like on that little problem... I'm half tempted to just be content and wait till tuner three arives!!!'
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

The 2 pass approach is just what I generally do when using MLV, that should be ok.

Can you post / send a log file and msq. If it is adding fuel, there should be a reason somewhere in the log, the log will show where and why.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html