MLV HD can't open files MLV MS can open

Questions specific to Megalogviewer

Moderator: LT401Vette

Dennis_Zx7r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

MLV HD can't open files MLV MS can open

Post by Dennis_Zx7r »

With the HD version, I always have problems opening .msl files when the file has been edited, for example in Excel or OpenOfficeCalc. I regularly do this when merging logs and throwing out data by hand, so that I don't need complex filters. The MS-licensed version opens these files without any problems, which is why I still have this version installed, too. I originally thought this would be a bug only on my system, but I just found out other people also encounter this problem.
An example file with this happening would be this one. Several rows have been deleted using OpenOfficeCalc.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106 ... oldCut.msl
My project: Link
Brian H EFI
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: MLV HD can't open files MLV MS can open

Post by Brian H EFI »

The reason the file loads for MS and not HD is there is a specific section that MS use to know it is a MegaSquirt log file and HD does not use that same logic, when you open the log and save it in the other software its creating tab delimiters for every line in the header for the entire length of the total available fields and that is throwing MLV HD off because it uses some different logic to determine what system the log file is from.

If you open up the log file in TextPad (download page link below) and then go to each line in the header above the field definitions and remove all the tabs so you can not move the cursor over to the right with the arrow keys then save it you should be able to open it in MegaLogViewer HD. I have attached your file with these changes for an example.

http://www.textpad.com/download/

We will look into making HD handle this but for now this should make it so you can open up your edited log files in MLV HD and MS.
Dennis_Zx7r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: MLV HD can't open files MLV MS can open

Post by Dennis_Zx7r »

Nice, that works. Thanks!
My project: Link