Request: Fix VEAL lambda delay!

Questions specific to Megalogviewer

Moderator: LT401Vette

MWPau
Master MS/Extra'er

Request: Fix VEAL lambda delay!

Post by MWPau »

Hi all,

I do a lot of tuning from recorded MS3 logs, which are sampled at quite a high speed.
I'm finding that VEAL in MLV is basically useless because of the 0 to 9 delay adjustment doesn't have the range or accuracy (over a log) required.
For example, at low loads, i have a lambda response delay of ~15 samples so the max of 9 is far too low. Even if i could set a value of 15, its then far too high for high load periods.

So can you please implement a load vs rpm delay table, and make it time based rather than sample based (just like it is in TS).

Toyota Celica GT4/Alltrac with 5S-GTE stroker (2.2L I4 turbo, high CR) on E85 w/FlexFuel.
MS3 + MS3X + KnockBoard + RTC + BT + DIY CAN-IO-Board + DIY CAN Digital Dash.
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Request: Fix VEAL lambda delay!

Post by whittlebeast »

Could you please a big data log.

Andy
Marek
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Marek »

There is nothing to stop you from opening up the log in a spreadsheet, derving the lambda delay from a lookup table and editing in the data you want where you want it.

Once you get adept at this sort of thing, you'll realise that VEAL etc is simply performing lookups, cross multiplying precentages based on the the four corners of the cells that surround your data point, and then multiplying up a value to return to you. These functions just do it so much faster than you can manually.

What is more, you can get a registered copy of TS do calculations for you, by importing one table , resizing it and storing it for another purpose. Effectively, you get a new interpolated table by the backdoor.

kind regards
Marek
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

I will get to it... I am spread very thin, but MLV is over due for some time.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
MWPau
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by MWPau »

LT401Vette wrote:I will get to it... I am spread very thin, but MLV is over due for some time.
Thanks Phil :yeah!:
Toyota Celica GT4/Alltrac with 5S-GTE stroker (2.2L I4 turbo, high CR) on E85 w/FlexFuel.
MS3 + MS3X + KnockBoard + RTC + BT + DIY CAN-IO-Board + DIY CAN Digital Dash.
Dennis_Zx7r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Dennis_Zx7r »

I started using 200Hz logs, and as this hasn't changed yet am also running into trouble. I have a delay of about 250ms at lower revs, and therefore would have to set a delay of ~50 samples.
Maybe change the slider to an input box for entering an integer, as a provisional fix in the meantime?

Maybe it would also be more robust to enter the time delay instead of a sample delay, as data rate can vary especially when using bluetooth.
My project: Link