VE analyze for trim tables?

Questions specific to Megalogviewer

Moderator: LT401Vette

lutorm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

VE analyze for trim tables?

Post by lutorm »

I see that the Autotune in TS can autotune the trim tables. However, I can't seem to select a trim table in the VE analyze function in MLVHD. Is this not possible? This is a motorcycle so I can't run autotune while riding, I can only use the logs.
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: VE analyze for trim tables?

Post by piledriver »

Why cant you start TS autotune, stow the running laptop/tablet, then ride around for awhile?
The MLV autotune is nowhere near as accurate as the one built into TS, as MLV has a single lambda delay, which is sometimes never long enough, and will ~always be wrong.
(but better than nothing, it will get you running)

If the lambda delay is set up properly for your engine/exhaust/sensor, TSs autotune is almost miraculous.
The default lambda delay table seems to be for a SBC with factory iron exhaust manifolds with close in sensors, which is what the author probably has.
I guarantee it is wrong for your motorcycle or almost anyone with a long tubular header.
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
lutorm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by lutorm »

Well, for one I don't think you can run a contemporary MacBook pro closed except if you have an external display and keyboard installed. It would probably cook itself if I tried and stuffed it in a backpack, too.

I don't think the lambda delay is an issue for me because I'm also connecting over BT so I get like 5 samples per second and from looking at the logs the lambda delay is pretty much "1 sample" at all points except maybe from idle. Because of the slow sample rate I have to be more careful about filtering out transients anyway.
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

The data timestamp should keep things in sync, but BT is pretty slow, although I typically get 15 FPS on my 7 year old Thinkpad X300 or X200T, or even my positively ancient Itronix gobook3.

You can also select the logged data these days and limit it to what is essential, speeding things up.
An actual cable can provide >70 FPS data rates with low latency.

In TS you set delay in milliseconds in an interpolated table, vs. MLVs "1-9" single delay with no actual time scale--- makes a huge difference.

There was some discussion of allowing TS to "play back" logs like MLV, that would rock if VEAL worked, you would lose the real time feedback loop effect, but it would be a LOT more powerful that the autotune in MLV.
(would likely be the primary use)
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.