expressions area on left not showing sometimes

Questions specific to Megalogviewer

Moderator: LT401Vette

dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

expressions area on left not showing sometimes

Post by dee808 »

OK call me dumb or whatever, I dont care but intermittently when viewing a log the left side table showing the expressions and also you can click on it to change what expression you want to view, is missing. theres nothing on the left side. only the log graph shows up. i have tried going thru the tabs at top to see if maybe i switched something off but just cant seem to find how to get that table back. i basically want to change what expression to view. all i can do right now is search the existing expressions that are up. i tried searching online for a user manual to mlv but came up empty on an actual in depth user manual of mlv and its features. i do know that there are arrows (left and right) and (up and down) and that moves over the ve table from off screen right and from the off screen bottom theres the feature list and active icons etc. but nothing on the left.
feel this is a simple thing and i am just missing something obvious but for past 3 weeks i gave up and now turning to smarter people as this post leaves me embarrassed
Efi Tuning Noob, so please go easy on me.
AE92 GZE'd 85 AE86 3dr(blue "cancer" pill)
ATS Racing 2.1 stroker GT3071R 92 MR2t t-top (red pill) DIYPNP w/5sgte in the works
"Nobody listens to Turtle"
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: expressions area on left not showing sometimes

Post by LT401Vette »

By expressions, do you mean the selected fields for graphing?

There is an option under the View menu to hide Field Selection:
View --> Hiding Field Select

If that is checked, the selectors will hide unless you put your mouse over the left edge of the app, then they will pop out.

Another possibility is if you have enabled "Quick Trace Selection" under the menu:
View --> "Quick Trace Selection"

Then the left had selectors are replaced with selecting by clicking on the values at the bottom to toggle them on and off. Or you can right click on the value read outs to send a trace to a specific graph or have a specific color.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Reverant »

As I run into this issue the other day on the strip (enabled quick trace selection by accident and kept wondering where the field select panel went), it would be a good idea to replace the field select panel with a tooltip/balloon that informs the user that the panel is not shown because the quick trace selection is enabled.
The man behind MS Labs
2005 Audi A3 2.0L TFSI DSG AWD - Extreme MS3
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost
dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dee808 »

Apologize that i didnt update. Yes i meant the "field" and the quick trace fixed it , and also the popup suggestion or similar would be a great option for the noobs like myself.
Thanks a lot whittlebeast as your assistance and knowledge and youtube vids are helping myself and others a lot.
Efi Tuning Noob, so please go easy on me.
AE92 GZE'd 85 AE86 3dr(blue "cancer" pill)
ATS Racing 2.1 stroker GT3071R 92 MR2t t-top (red pill) DIYPNP w/5sgte in the works
"Nobody listens to Turtle"