Megalogviewer HD How do you load a tune into it?

Questions specific to Megalogviewer

Moderator: LT401Vette

dll67
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Megalogviewer HD How do you load a tune into it?

Post by dll67 »

I'm a long time user of tunerstudio and megalogviwer and now I have upgraded both of them.
I dont know if this is a bug, me just missing it (Nothing in the grocery store is where I think it should be either), or something else?
Megalogviewer HD 4.1.15 has this neat feature Histogram/Table Generator, seem neat, I dont know If im using it right ...

Why does all the information for this megasquirt stuff always seem so hard to find? Must be that grocery store thing again.

Anyway Histogram/Table Generator ... I'm not sure where megalogviewer HD gets the info to compare to the datalog I loaded so I want to "Import from loaded Tune",and theres a handy button for that towards the bottom on the left side, called just that.
But when i click it I get "No Tune Loaded"
I cant seem to find where to load my tune.
I keep thinking of VE analyze in tunerstudio and how easy it is to load a tune in it and cant believe its the whole grocery store thing again ... So now im starting to get frustrated, you all know it .. huh, youve been there to. Cause if your reading this post you probably have some sort of megasquirt product, and we all know how frustrating they can be.
So I go into the new tunerstudio MS Ultra and start looking around to see if maybe the program updates communicate with eachother and now the tune loaded in TS Ultra is seen buy MLV HD... Nope.
But I do see TS ultra has some cool new features to figure out ...
Anyway sorry for going all Hey .. squirrel there for a moment, my question again.

Please could you point me to the button for loading a tune into Megalogviwer HD?
MS3PU/IOx/CAN-EGT/DBWx2 540ci BBC 325cc int runners (2)innovate LC2 wbo2's, Hilborn ITB injector cnvrtd to EFI, 55LB Inj, d585 coil near plg, 60-2 trg whl & cam ph snsr, Muncie 4spd w/10T VSS, Tilton 7.25" cerametalic cltch 8.5LB flywhl
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Megalogviewer HD How do you load a tune into it?

Post by whittlebeast »

Regarding Histograms, MLVHD does not use a loaded MSQ to preset the X and Y axis. That is the sort of thing that could be suggested to support@efianalytics.com and they may roll it in as an option in a future release. Once you do have your X and Y set the way your tune is set up, you can cave that view. I have several standard views I use all the time. See options under Populate X&Y axis and Saved Histogram Views

MLVHD can import an MSQ for use with VEA. VEA can then adjust the tune based on what it sees in the logged data and makes changes to your fueling.

Andy
Last edited by whittlebeast on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
elaw
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elaw »

whittlebeast wrote:That is the sort of thing that could be suggested to support@analytics.com
Psst... I think that's "support@efianalytics.com"...
Eric Law
1990 Audi 80 quattro with AAN turbo engine: happily running on MS3+MS3X
2012 Audi A4 quattro, desperately in need of tweaking

Be alert! America needs more lerts.
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

Opps Copy/Paste error... fixed.

AW
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

See if this thread helps a little regarding MLV and MLVHD features.

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 34&t=65200

Andy
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

Now that I think about it, you would need to load a tune first and then have a import into Histogram question of "What 3D table do you want to import?" VE1 thru VE4, Timing tables... It could set the table size to the size of the table that is being imported.

Just thinking out loud.

Andy
dll67
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by dll67 »

OP
Excellent link to some good running examples .. I am anxious to give it a good read.
I assume the histogram compares the data log to my tune.
Where does mlvhd get that info?
For example the first time I used histogram the z axis's (delta and something else) was set to afr and afr error or afr target respectively. The difference between them was displayed.
So if I'm understanding whittlebeast correctly I have to enter my 16x16 table of afr targets manually?
So .. What's with the button "Import from loaded Tune",and the response after pressing the button "No Tune Loaded" ?
MS3PU/IOx/CAN-EGT/DBWx2 540ci BBC 325cc int runners (2)innovate LC2 wbo2's, Hilborn ITB injector cnvrtd to EFI, 55LB Inj, d585 coil near plg, 60-2 trg whl & cam ph snsr, Muncie 4spd w/10T VSS, Tilton 7.25" cerametalic cltch 8.5LB flywhl
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

dll67 wrote:OP
Excellent link to some good running examples .. I am anxious to give it a good read.
I assume the histogram compares the data log to my tune.
Where does mlvhd get that info?
For example the first time I used histogram the z axis's (delta and something else) was set to afr and afr error or afr target respectively. The difference between them was displayed.
So if I'm understanding whittlebeast correctly I have to enter my 16x16 table of afr targets manually?
So .. What's with the button "Import from loaded Tune",and the response after pressing the button "No Tune Loaded" ?
Histogram graphing is simply putting data it finds in the data log into buckets and displaying the average of all the hits found in each bucket. The result has a little bit of fuzzy logic as some data ends up very close to an intersection of more than one cell.

I always wind up tweaking the defaults on that screen the first time I open a fresh MLVHD install.

If you plot in Histogram, RPM, MAP and AFR Target, you get (for the most part) your AFR target table. Turn off Auto generate X and Y and set the table to your break points for better results.

Andy
dll67
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by dll67 »

whittlebeast wrote:
Histogram graphing is simply putting data it finds in the data log into buckets and displaying the average of all the hits found in each bucket. The result has a little bit of fuzzy logic as some data ends up very close to an intersection of more than one cell.

I always wind up tweaking the defaults on that screen the first time I open a fresh MLVHD install.

If you plot in Histogram, RPM, MAP and AFR Target, you get (for the most part) your AFR target table. Turn off Auto generate X and Y and set the table to your break points for better results.

Andy
[/quote]

Do you see the button I'm speaking of and the response given when pressed?
Mlvhd needs the afr table for histogram to work properly, does it not?
Brian H EFI
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Brian H EFI »

All you need to do is go to the Log Viewer tab in MegaLogViewer HD then if you do not see the 2 tables to the right of the graphs go to View on the main menu then click on "Show Tuning Console" then go back to view and click on "Show Tuning Console" again then you should see 2 blank tables appear to the right now click the "Open Tune File" button and select the tune you would like to use. After you load the tune you should be able to go into the Histogram / Table Generator tab and click the "Import From Loaded Tune" button to load your axis settings to the table.
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

I have a formula at home that I use if you want to do your own version of VEA. I will post it tonight.

Try this

VE Multiplier

and define it as.

(([AFR 1 Error]>1?1:[AFR 1 Error]<-1?-1:[AFR 1 Error])*.07)+1

That is how I generated this

http://www.nbs-stl.com/tuning/Turbo%20D ... %20Adj.png

Andy
dll67
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by dll67 »

Brian H EFI wrote:All you need to do is go to the Log Viewer tab in MegaLogViewer HD then if you do not see the 2 tables to the right of the graphs go to View on the main menu then click on "Show Tuning Console" then go back to view and click on "Show Tuning Console" again then you should see 2 blank tables appear to the right now click the "Open Tune File" button and select the tune you would like to use. After you load the tune you should be able to go into the Histogram / Table Generator tab and click the "Import From Loaded Tune" button to load your axis settings to the table.
Thank you that is what I'm looking for.
chrisr29
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by chrisr29 »

dll67 wrote:
Brian H EFI wrote:All you need to do is go to the Log Viewer tab in MegaLogViewer HD then if you do not see the 2 tables to the right of the graphs go to View on the main menu then click on "Show Tuning Console" then go back to view and click on "Show Tuning Console" again then you should see 2 blank tables appear to the right now click the "Open Tune File" button and select the tune you would like to use. After you load the tune you should be able to go into the Histogram / Table Generator tab and click the "Import From Loaded Tune" button to load your axis settings to the table.
Thank you that is what I'm looking for.
Hi, I'm having problems with this as well. It works ok until I get to "Import From Loaded Tune" button but doesn't fill the table with values, just a blank table. I have attached a log file and msq if anyone can shed any light.

The car runs and drives ok but I want to be able to tune my advance table under boost and I'm hoping this will enable me to.

Thanks, Chris.
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

Hi, I'm having problems with this as well. It works ok until I get to "Import From Loaded Tune" button but doesn't fill the table with values, just a blank table. I have attached a log file and msq if anyone can shed any light.

The car runs and drives ok but I want to be able to tune my advance table under boost and I'm hoping this will enable me to.
It will only import your X & Y axis'. The Z values will come from the data in the log.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
chrisr29
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by chrisr29 »

LT401Vette wrote:

It will only import your X & Y axis'. The Z values will come from the data in the log.
Ok thanks, that makes sense. Problem would appear to be that it is not opening the data log correctly then.

When I open the data log, ML flips straight to Ignition Log Viewer and displays Tooth Logger which doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. Am I logging the data incorrectly?

Thanks, Chris.
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

When I open the data log, ML flips straight to Ignition Log Viewer and displays Tooth Logger which doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. Am I logging the data incorrectly?
What kind of log are you opening?
That sounds like you are opening a Tooth log, not a standard data log.
Phil Tobin
chrisr29
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by chrisr29 »

LT401Vette wrote:
I've been using the tab marked Diagnostics and High Speed Loggers. The Graphing and Logging tab is grayed out. I'm guessing I should be using that one? How do I enable it? Thanks.
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

chrisr29 wrote:
LT401Vette wrote:
I've been using the tab marked Diagnostics and High Speed Loggers. The Graphing and Logging tab is grayed out. I'm guessing I should be using that one? How do I enable it? Thanks.
Those are the specialty and high speed loggers.

You need to make normal data logs. The Graphing and Logging tabs is for the TS integrated Log Viewer that is available with the Ultra Edition, but you can start a normal data log under the Data Logging Menu on all editions for TunerStudio.
Phil Tobin
chrisr29
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by chrisr29 »

That sounds like you are opening a Tooth log, not a standard data log.[/quote]

I've been using the tab marked Diagnostics and High Speed Loggers. The Graphing and Logging tab is grayed out. I'm guessing I should be using that one? How do I enable it? Thanks.[/quote]

Those are the specialty and high speed loggers.

You need to make normal data logs. The Graphing and Logging tabs is for the TS integrated Log Viewer that is available with the Ultra Edition, but you can start a normal data log under the Data Logging Menu on all editions for TunerStudio.[/quote]

Bingo! Thanks, looks like I was barking up the wrong tree.