History trace filter

Questions specific to Megalogviewer

Moderator: LT401Vette

dll67
Experienced MS/Extra'er

History trace filter

Post by dll67 »

Often times the history trace covers the values in a cell. Is there a way to add a filter to quickly turn the trace off and on?
MS3PU/IOx/CAN-EGT/DBWx2 540ci BBC 325cc int runners (2)innovate LC2 wbo2's, Hilborn ITB injector cnvrtd to EFI, 55LB Inj, d585 coil near plg, 60-2 trg whl & cam ph snsr, Muncie 4spd w/10T VSS, Tilton 7.25" cerametalic cltch 8.5LB flywhl
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: History trace filter

Post by LT401Vette »

Currently you can only change the length with the right click menu, there is no toggle.
Interesting suggestion though.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
2swe
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 2swe »

How can I permanently change the history trace lenght ? every time I launch MLV it starts with 40 records history trace lenght..
1978 vw golf gti 16v itb cop full sequential MS2
1992 vw corrado 16v moonlight blue MS2
Brian H EFI
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Brian H EFI »

Are you running MLV on Windows ? If you are and you edit the trace length it is automatically saved for you, however if you have multiple instances of MegaLogViewer open and do not close the instance that you had edited the trace length in last it will not get saved.
dll67
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by dll67 »

dll67 wrote:Often times the history trace covers the values in a cell. Is there a way to add a filter to quickly turn the trace off and on?
What about some way to bring a clicked on cell forward through the trace? I saw mlvhd do that once when (I think right clicked) and drug the cursor through several cells .. Probably some little display glitch but got me thinking
MS3PU/IOx/CAN-EGT/DBWx2 540ci BBC 325cc int runners (2)innovate LC2 wbo2's, Hilborn ITB injector cnvrtd to EFI, 55LB Inj, d585 coil near plg, 60-2 trg whl & cam ph snsr, Muncie 4spd w/10T VSS, Tilton 7.25" cerametalic cltch 8.5LB flywhl
2swe
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 2swe »

Brian H EFI wrote:Are you running MLV on Windows ? If you are and you edit the trace length it is automatically saved for you, however if you have multiple instances of MegaLogViewer open and do not close the instance that you had edited the trace length in last it will not get saved.
yes, I'm running MLV on Win10, one instance only, and every time I launch MLV, I must edit the trace lenght manually..

sorry for hijacking this thread :)
1978 vw golf gti 16v itb cop full sequential MS2
1992 vw corrado 16v moonlight blue MS2
Brian H EFI
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Brian H EFI »

2swe wrote:yes, I'm running MLV on Win10, one instance only, and every time I launch MLV, I must edit the trace lenght manually..
Please send an email to support@efianalytics.com with reference to this post and I will look into why the trace length is not saving for you. Also what version of MegaLogViewer are you using is it HD or MS!