Feature suggestion - tuning console

Questions specific to Megalogviewer

Moderator: LT401Vette

Marek
Master MS/Extra'er

Feature suggestion - tuning console

Post by Marek »

I notice that when the tuning console is loaded, I have the option to load tables ve1, ve2, advance1, etc in the top table but a restricted list into the second table. What would be nice would be to be able to load ANY table that is set in tunerstudio put into either slot. For example, fuel trim1, ignition trim2, advance4, ve4...

The second suggestion is that the programme happily generates and uses interpolated data where the dot is but only gives a limited view on this. Can there be box displaying the four cells around where the dot is and readout of what the interpolated value is? For example, if table fuel trim1 were displayed, then it'd be easy to see how much trim is being applied at a particular point on the graph - currently you can only see this for things which are traces on the main graph.

kind regards
Marek
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature suggestion - tuning console

Post by LT401Vette »

I notice that when the tuning console is loaded, I have the option to load tables ve1, ve2, advance1, etc in the top table but a restricted list into the second table. What would be nice would be to be able to load ANY table that is set in tunerstudio put into either slot. For example, fuel trim1, ignition trim2, advance4, ve4...
The integrated log viewer in TunerStudio MS Ultra will display any table or curve.

For MLV to show any table, it would need to have a TunerStudio Project loaded with the proper ini file.
To couple MLV to a project causes a number other issues, especially if you tune multiple cars, but it is on the list to optionally tie MLV to a project. That opens the door for several other things like opening a .MS3 file directly.
The second suggestion is that the programme happily generates and uses interpolated data where the dot is but only gives a limited view on this. Can there be box displaying the four cells around where the dot is and readout of what the interpolated value is? For example, if table fuel trim1 were displayed, then it'd be easy to see how much trim is being applied at a particular point on the graph - currently you can only see this for things which are traces on the main graph.
The tool tip gives the percent that cell is contributing, it should be quite doable to include the overall interpolated value.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
Marek
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature suggestion - tuning console

Post by Marek »

What I was getting at was not the percentage any particular cell is contributing, but being able to see what that total number would be for something that isn't normally in a datalog, e.g. how much trim is being applied at any point in time if the tuning console were to be showing a trim tabel. This isn't normally logged, but obviously is part of the fuel calculation.

kind regards
Marek