What is "VE1" ?

Questions specific to Megalogviewer

Moderator: LT401Vette

seijirou
Helpful MS/Extra'er

What is "VE1" ?

Post by seijirou »

I almost feel silly for asking this but I can't figure it out.

I'm working with another guy who's engine keeps shutting off shortly after start and the reason isn't obvious, but there is a correlation with a sudden and dramatic drop in the value of "VE1". However I can't correlate the value of that with anything. Right off the top of my head I'd expect it to be the value from the VE1 Table, but it isn't even close. Then I thought perhaps it's the % that VE1 is being blended with VE3 for flex fuel, but that doesn't jive either.

Been around and around this shutting off issue for a while now, and while I see plenty of "weirdness and badness" going on, like running off the map and haunted spark advance, none of that is shutting the engine down. However as soon as this VE1 value drops like a cliff, for a reason that eludes me right now, the engine shuts down immediately after. There seems to be some small correlation with injector pw dropping but as rich as the engine is running I don't think there's enough drop to blame it on fuel starvation, and the AFR doesn't corroborate starvation either although the shut down is so immediate that perhaps there's not enough time for the wideband to pick it up.

Thanks
seijirou
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: What is "VE1" ?

Post by seijirou »

I may have figured it out. I think, but wouldn't mind confirmation, that VE1 is what I think it is, the current "ve" value that you'd normally get from VE Table 1.

I just noticed in the tune that idle VE was enabled. I think the sudden change in value is happening when idle VE kicks in.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Yes that is correct VE1 is the current value being used from the table.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
seijirou
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by seijirou »

slow_hemi6 wrote:Yes that is correct VE1 is the current value being used from the table.
Okay, thanks.

I can stop pulling my hair out now. I had a tune file that didn't match the operating parameters of the log file exactly. Game of telephone and all that. Thanks for the sanity check.