spare outports not working

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

coreymartin
MS/Extra Newbie

spare outports not working

Post by coreymartin »

I have been having the hardest time making the IAC1A control my fans. I cant make it work. So i took the case back apart. I noticed something and remembered something at the same time. I began following the megamanual when first assembling then heard not to use it. I have a ford PWM warmup idle valve so i built that circuit off of Q4 and it works fine. BUT, i can see where i installed Q20 and must have removed it. I also have S12c jumpered as per the instructions. Are Q20 and R39 needed for the spare outputs to work?
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: spare outports not working

Post by dontz125 »

Those are only needed for their own particular circuit, and don't affect the IAC pins. Are you trying to drive the fans directly or through a relay? Which IAC1 pin are you using? Please post your msq.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
coreymartin
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by coreymartin »

I am trying to use the IAC1A and 2A to send signal to the relay. I have it hooked up and wired exactly how i have done it in the past with good results. On my other car i have the relays grounded and use the IAC to send 12 volts to the relay. Works great. But i have had nothing but trouble with this one. So idk, maybe i got the board hot in one spot while soldering or something. I will attach the msq in a seperate post, it is on my laptop.
coreymartin
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by coreymartin »

here is msq. Im using tunerstudio 2.5.05
coreymartin
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by coreymartin »

I got tired of beating my head against the wall. I just constructed the "relay mod" circuit off of D15, fan works perfect. I must have somehow damaged the IAC circuits while soldering or something. Oh well, this car only needs two spare outputs, fan and water injection. Ill just build another relay mod circuit and call it a day
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

I must have somehow damaged the IAC circuits while soldering or something.
I'm not convinced of that yet....... In your msq you have the Power On Value set to on and the Active Value set to off for IAC1. Are you sure that's the way you want it? :D

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance