detonating, datalogs show super high advance

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

torquefreaks
Helpful MS/Extra'er

detonating, datalogs show super high advance

Post by torquefreaks »

so i can hear it detonating on the last few runs after my tuner played with the maps. We blew the headgasket at 5600rpm on the dyno.
specs are ka24det vw vag coils, waste spark, 1000cc inj, hx40 17psi.
tune attached said sata log was too big?
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: detonating, datalogs show super high advance

Post by rickb794 »

You can't power through detonation, when you hear it LIFT. That noise you hear is the good in your motor going out the tail pipe.

Fix the problem before you hammer it again.

If a headgasket blew you could very easily have other damage. Be prepared for problems after fixing headgasket.

Without any turbo experience I can't speak to the spark map, check some other turbo maps for spark ideas.

Don't tune your motor on kill settings, be conservative and your setup will last a lot longer.
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
HidRo
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by HidRo »

Zip the data log.
Also, why do you have 2 spark tables, if you don't have table switching?
Golf II + 1.8T 20V + MSII V3.0 http://eight620vt.tk/
torquefreaks
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by torquefreaks »

I have already replaced the head gasket with cometic instead of the felpro. I wondered the same thing Hidro as he was tuning not I. I previously had just spark table one. Is it possible the spark table with combine the values and that will cause the high advance. Since replacing the gasket I disabled map 2 and it pulls good no det. He was talking about using the second map for meth inj but like u said and I realized there table switching isn't enabled nor is it wired or setup inside the ms case.