Need help on a problem....

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

lpalacios
MS/Extra Newbie

Need help on a problem....

Post by lpalacios »

Well had a perfectly good running car on Ms2 v3...all of a sudden after a year I started to have a issue. The car all of sudden started stalling and then wouldn't start. If I spray starting fluid it will start and appear to drive fine.

Here is the data log and msq file..any help would be appreciated thanks.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Need help on a problem....

Post by grom_e30 »

Whats going on with your tps sensor??? highest was 109% lowest was 82%???? your flood clear is set for 35% so if the engine is cranking and the tps is 35% or more it will not inject fuel.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
lpalacios
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by lpalacios »

Thanks a lot..ive already checked the ohms on the tps and it checks out perfectly. What would cause something like that..moisture,oil in the tps. Maybe excessive noise or something ? Bad connection or ground ? Its a e30 bmw with m20 turbo engine..so I'm glad you responded as i see you have the same car...
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

is it the stock tps? as they are not variable, cold be looking at a bad ground to it
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
lpalacios
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by lpalacios »

It is a variable one from a m50 motor. Going to dig around look for a bad ground. Thanks ...gonna continue with this tomorrow ..fresh and early in the morning.
DonMaximo
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by DonMaximo »

Pardon my ignorance, but would recalibrating the TPS be of any help in resolving this issue ?
1992 Mustang Conv,
363" Man-o-War (8.2"Deck), Dart Pro-1,
NA, EFI Victor,
TKO600, 373 gears,
MS3-Pro
Innovate DLG-1 (dual WB O2)
Ignition LS2 coil on plug (Crank trigger+ Explorer cam sensor)
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

it may well help if its just the calibration data that has gotten messed up some how.
lpalacios
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by lpalacios »

Gonna look around for a bad ground..and attempt to recalibrate the Tps also thanks guys.
lpalacios
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Need help on a problem....RESOLVED

Post by lpalacios »

Well, it was my fault....the car has been running beautifully for the last 3 weeks...just wanted to update because I think it's important to do so. I had accidentally plugged in the wrong connector to the tps ...yeah I know ..stupid. It's just that the guy who wired this up before I bought the car had spliced into the harness and so there where extra plugs snd I screwed up. Anyway thanks to all that helped and to Matt especially.