sync loss issue?

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

94_cobra
Experienced MS/Extra'er

sync loss issue?

Post by 94_cobra »

Using a mspnp2 on my 94 mustang and I believe I am having an issue loosing sync when I snap the throttle. From day 1 i have had this issue which i refered to as hesitation and thought it was tune related until i got some help recent with the tune. I was told that it is losing sync when i am snapping the throttle. I checked over everything and im not sure what could be causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: sync loss issue?

Post by Matt Cramer »

I'm not seeing a loss of sync issue; it's more likely to be an acceleration enrichment problem. But try capturing the problem with a tooth log. They're easier to interpret on these motors than a composite log.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
94_cobra
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 94_cobra »

Matt Cramer wrote:I'm not seeing a loss of sync issue; it's more likely to be an acceleration enrichment problem. But try capturing the problem with a tooth log. They're easier to interpret on these motors than a composite log.
Thank you for the reply I appreciate your help with the issues in having. How do I do a tooth log?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Same way you made the composite log, but change the log type from composite logging to tooth logging.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
94_cobra
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 94_cobra »

here are a couple tooth logs on putting it in gear and blipping the throttle. car died several times.

i tried adjusting the AE graph with the dots and it doesnt seems to make things better or worse.

thank you for your help
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

in the normal log ae is never getting tripped the tpsdot never gets above 70 and your minimum threashold is 100 on the msq. this needs to be lowered if your tps is calibrated

also in the log i never see above 16% throttle, is this correct?

another thing to try is 4 squirts alternating ans this help a bit with transients but your injectors may be too big for good resolution at ligher loads
94_cobra
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 94_cobra »

ashford wrote:in the normal log ae is never getting tripped the tpsdot never gets above 70 and your minimum threashold is 100 on the msq. this needs to be lowered if your tps is calibrated

also in the log i never see above 16% throttle, is this correct?

another thing to try is 4 squirts alternating ans this help a bit with transients but your injectors may be too big for good resolution at ligher loads
thanks for your post. i took the car for a drive tonight and it was driveable except for getting started from a stop or very low speed in gear. snapping the throttle at idle or putting it in gear and giving it some gas to go it dies. i have to really ease into it.

im trying to understand and much as i can as i would rather learn then take it to a local tuner. tpsdot is the rate of accell correct? i dont understand what the threshold is though. I did calibrate the tps.

it probably dies with 16% throttle or less if i accelerate at any decent rate of speed when trying to move from a stop or snapping throttle in park as mentioned above. pretty much off-idle is when i see the stumbling or dying issue. I can understand me injectors being to big being an issue

thank you
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Threshold is the point below which there is NO accel enrich. It excludes false accel enrich from a bump in the road or noise or what ever. You need to start monitoring what is happening in real time to get an understanding of what is going on. With Tuner Studio open and connected bring up the "time based accel enricment" screen and watch how the green ball reacts to your moving the pedal. Likewise open up the VE table under Fuel Settings and watch what the green ball does when you throttle and also when you drop into gear. Where the green ball goes you will probably want to richen up. Same thing with the Spark Advance table under Ignition Settings when you drop into gear where the green ball goes you will probably want to add a few degrees. This kind of monitoring of things in real time teaches you a huge amount about your engines characteristics.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke