Microsquirt and hall sensor for cranck position

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Manu
Master MS/Extra'er

Microsquirt and hall sensor for cranck position

Post by Manu »

Hi,

I have a customer who fit a Microsquirt v3 on a Peugeot 206RC (1.6L 16S). This motor should rev 9000 rpm. OEM Trigger wheel is 60-2. The fact is that we have sync loss before the redline :-(

First we use the OEM VR sensor with a 10K resistor between VR1+ and VR1- => motor can rev at 9000 rpm but sometimes we face to sync lost. By looking "Tooth logger" we saw that the missing teeth sometimes generate a long tooth. Without the 10k shunt resistor the max RPM we can reach is 2000 rpm. We try to reverse the sensor and the motor won't start, there is no RPM reading.

We then try to use an hall effect sensor (sourced from DIY - integrazted pull-up resistor) wired as manual say (signal to VR1-, VR1+ floating). When we power it with a switced 12V the motor won't rev more than 7300 rpm. Applying filter didn't help us. The same thing append, sometimes the missing teeth generate a long tooth. When we use VREF for supply, we only be able to reach around 5000 rpm.

What I 'm now thinking for my last chance is to use "Falling Edge" for Ignition Input Capture (with the hall sensor). But I'd like to know if someone already face this situation and how one have solve it.

I'll post MSQ and LOG tomorrow when I can connect to the customer computer.

Bests,
Manu
I can supply, repair or upgrade Megasquirts in FRANCE.

https://www.megasquirt.fr
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Microsquirt and hall sensor for cranck position

Post by Matt Cramer »

Also, can you try turning off all noise filtering?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Manu
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Microsquirt and hall sensor for cranck position

Post by Manu »

they are ;-)
I can supply, repair or upgrade Megasquirts in FRANCE.

https://www.megasquirt.fr