MicroSquirt VAG C.O.P

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

GlassCake
MS/Extra Newbie

MicroSquirt VAG C.O.P

Post by GlassCake »

So Ive been reading a few threads about installing the BIP373 kit for megasquirts to run the 01 and later VAG coils but I have not found much about running them on a Microsquirt.

Also, it seems like you can either use the PNP and resistor method or use the TC4427 chip, correct me if im wrong but you have to use either or?
Would any PNP transistor work or do I have to use the primo expensive one from diy autotune (8 bucks for a resistor and transistor seems a bit over the top)

Of course, I don't mind mounting the circuit outside of the micro squirt but I'm just kinda lost on which one if either would work with the micro squirt and if it has been done before.

some resources I've collected through the threads.

possible replacement PNP? :
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... 3-ND/92534

They said it would work but there was no response to if it worked or not.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 01&t=59274
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MicroSquirt VAG C.O.P

Post by grom_e30 »

http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/Mic ... .4-64.html

see the note on the input resistance
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

The BIP 373 isn't a transistor. More an ingratiated circuit in a transistor package. Designed by Bosch for this specific job. Which is why you won't find it on sale by an electronics supplier. If you cost out making a similar circuit using discrete components, it will be more - as well as taking up more space.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

The TC4427 is the cleanest and easiest way to run VAG COPs. But I think I'd find a different coil to use, there are a number of them that will work directly with the microsquirt spark drivers.
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
GlassCake
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by GlassCake »

DaveEFI wrote:The BIP 373 isn't a transistor. More an ingratiated circuit in a transistor package. Designed by Bosch for this specific job. Which is why you won't find it on sale by an electronics supplier. If you cost out making a similar circuit using discrete components, it will be more - as well as taking up more space.
Gotcha, the price tag makes more since now.
prof315 wrote:The TC4427 is the cleanest and easiest way to run VAG COPs. But I think I'd find a different coil to use, there are a number of them that will work directly with the microsquirt spark drivers.
Yeah I ordered a 032 905 106B that will just be overall a lot easier to install.

Thank you for the info though.