How many engines running on MS2/Extra

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Does you engine run?

I have an engine running on MS2/Extra
100%

Total votes: 738

MegaScott
MS/Extra Guru

Post by MegaScott »

Shad Laws wrote:which 2.3 engine is that? Is that a Pinto 2.3, a Duratec 2.3, or something else?

Hasta,
Shad
It's the turbo 2.3 as used in the Mustang SVO or Thunderbirds here in the States, usually plentyful, cheap and easily rebuilt with a few go fast goodies for more ponies over stock. Conservatively they were factory rated in 1987 at 195HP but they easily put out 250hp with just a tweak of the tune. I'm uprating the turbo and camshaft, exhaust, as well as adding COP and a bigger FMIC. as well as MS2 extra. Should be slightly faster than my old Cobra which had 450hp and only weighed 2200lbs. The Locost will ring in wet at around 1350lbs and at least 300-350hp. Should be heaps of fun..
Rich Jones
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Rich Jones »

I'm pleased to say that after several attempts I now have MS2 extra running on my 2.3 turbo beetle.
Several times I tried and running problems combined with lack of time made me switch back to standard MS2 code. At last I had time to address the running issues and I have done around 200 miles so far, loggin & tuning all the way. It's getting better, faster & scarier :D
mxmang
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by mxmang »

Made a new tune from B+G 2.8831 code with my 1990 VW Jetta w/ a 2L 16v swap, its a tricky daily with poly bushings semisolid motormounts and an 8lb flywheel...

the B+G code really left a lot to be desired with AE and a few other aspects... i'm using a vr sensor with a 60-2 wheel mounted to the crankshaft.. I loaded ms2extra_beta20080210 and all I did was pop my delay tooth degree value into the trigger wheel settings and away it started and ran...

i'm not running wasted spark yet only a stock dizzy and oilcoil.. i'm hoping to go with a 2nd vb921 and an edis coilpack or chevy DIS coilpacks any time now, really excited to get higher spark energy..

car is rediculously smooth now, the AE must have faster response or my tune corrupted perfectly because it's working great....

Thanks Ken and James for the good work. :) BTW i've been running B+G code for 2 years and this helped immensly (-50 c and + 40c conditions.. ) i can't wait to tinker now.. i haven't even redone the VE table or anything yet :D

-Dale :)
ichbinsobose
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ichbinsobose »

I've finally got my 95 BMW 525i with M50tu running on the latest beta. Albeit not well, but running :)
warp21
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by warp21 »

1996 Hyundai Accent
1.5l 4cyl
60-2 vr
Running, still in need of some fine tuning
the poi
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by the poi »

Been running a 2.8l turbo 6 in a 95 Volvo 960 for a few months now. Works fantastic except for some inconsistent wheel sync at cranking.

60-2 VR, wasted spark COP
AR 67202
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: How many engines running on MS2/Extra

Post by AR 67202 »

jsmcortina wrote:Just a bit of fun to see how many are giving it a go and running so far.

If you've got your engine to start and run ok on MS2/Extra submit a vote, if not... get testing!

James
Not running yet, but then I'm still building the engine... Waiting from clearance from SWMBO for aquiring the last and expensive parts... hope to finish the project around November... Will definately run MS2/extra though, and will vote when it runs:)

this is the car the engine will go into again:

Alfa Romeo 2.0 8v-- 1995cc -- Twinspark ignition -- 11.5:1 CR -- 60-2 VR pickup -- 3-wire Bosch IAC -- IN cam phase variator. Previously Dyno'ed at 165 Bhp, 214 Nm (before the mods). Awaiting delivery of MS2 (or rather release by customs)
transaxel
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by transaxel »

AR 67202 wrote:
jsmcortina wrote:Just a bit of fun to see how many are giving it a go and running so far.

If you've got your engine to start and run ok on MS2/Extra submit a vote, if not... get testing!

James
Not running yet, but then I'm still building the engine... Waiting from clearance from SWMBO for aquiring the last and expensive parts... hope to finish the project around November... Will definately run MS2/extra though, and will vote when it runs:)

this is the car the engine will go into again:

Hi!

I have finished my car. It´s an Alfa 164 V6 Turbo and it runs on Ms2Extra very fine :twisted:

If you have any questions you can contact me via Mail.
g point nussbaum at vol point at

Greetings from Austria
Gerald
Peter Florance
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Peter Florance »

If I'd had a brain at the Megameeting, I would have tried the release candidate instead of the older 1.02 first (which I had experience from the BMW race car built last year).

I enabled the sync counter gauge and noticed a few counts right after startup (during slight rpm dip). 1/4 turn CCW on R56 and all is well.

Ken, James and others have recommended using this gauge, so this is nothing new. Yet I have to echo it: "use the sync counter gauge on startup."
It's very helpful.

I recalculated my Required Fuel using Megatune, then read in my old MS1 Extra VE map and scaled it using the stim until it idled at about the same PW as my old MS1 Extra installation.

It seems to drive well. I turned on EAE just to try it and it was very smooth. I'll do a little more tuning with it off to make sure it's ok.
Peter Florance
PF Tuning
81 BMW Euro 528i ESP Car
60-2 Wheel LS2 Coils, Low Z Inj
Co-Driver 1999 BMW E46 DSP car.
tpsretard2
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by tpsretard2 »

add another one to the list..

A 3rd gen 4AGE, running the dissy with 2 teeth cut off to give a 12-1 wheel,
This code seems a lot more picky about clean signals, but it works well
the car runs cleaner and drives much better than the stock ecu.
nyabinghi
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by nyabinghi »

I was running MS with B&G code v2.881 on my c20xe using direct coil control with dizzy.
Now I've just installed the extra code release 2.0 and imported VE, AFR and Spark tables, I did this code changement in order to use wasted spark and closed-loop PWM idle valve control...
It runs very well, but closed-loop idle control doesn't work at all, this is strange.
For AE enrichissement I put the same values than I had well tuned in the b&g version, but these values doesn't work well with the extra code.
I have to re-tune AE and after 2 hours trying to do this it still doesn't work as before.
Test your car horsepower and acceleration with your Android or iOS phone : PerfExpert
Megasquirt successes :
- Opel Corsa A 2L 16v / MS2 speed-density
- Opel Corsa A 2L 16v GSXR750 ITB / MS2 hybrid alpha-n/speed-density
- Opel Corsa A 1.6L 8V / MS2 alpha-n
- Opel Corsa A 1.8L 16V / DIYPNP speed-density
devojet
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by devojet »

I have a Ford EF Falcon 4l with a turbo running the ms2extra 2.0.1. It hasn't been tuned yet as it's not registed but it starts and drives around my yard well on just the base settings! Hopefully I will have it registered next week. The car runs it's standard 36-1 wheel and wasted spark coil packs using 3 vb921's. I had some trouble at first but this was fixed by swapping some Capacitors in the VR circuit.
Last edited by devojet on Tue May 20, 2008 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
Twin turbo LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
cirecan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by cirecan »

Hi everyone,
I finally got my Impreza 2.5RS MY00 running with the Alpha code from last year. It is not well tuned but I can drive around with it without too much trouble. I am thinking of upgrading to a newer release but I am a little bit afraid of changing version at this point.

If someone has some trouble setting up a 2.5RS do not hesitate to contact me..I'll sure try to give you a hand !!
Cirecan
max78
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by max78 »

Hi,

I have two MR2 running. One 16V and one 20V.
And an Opel Gsi engine with wasted spark. 60-2 wheel.
I use the ms2extra 2.0.1 code.
The Opel and the 16V need bigger injectors and some more tuning.
But all are running ok. Maybe soon perfect.
FiatFreak
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by FiatFreak »

Yup, I'm running on it now. A little rough going at first (converted from MS2 and missed some settings, had others not set right), but it is running quite well now. Thanks for all the great work guys!

Patrick
'81 Fiat Spider - Turbo charged and MSII'd
'04 SRT4
510rob
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 510rob »

V2.2 Motherboard & Flyback Board + MS2/Extra 2.0.1, running a trusty old Datsun L18 that's been turbocharged among other things...

I had a bad problem with intermittent loss of sync. I was able to resolve the problem by adding a little 1nF capacitor across pins 19/20 of the CPU socket, as well as a 100nF capacitor across pins 2/6 of the CPU socket. After adding these two parts, the sync is rock-steady, and the MS is ready to tune!
2001dodgeneonrt
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 2001dodgeneonrt »

MS2 Extra for me now also. 420A crank. Upgraded VB Modules. 1000cc injectors. Runs great.
"MS is too much control" Stockneon
My Success Story...
chris_the_rat
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by chris_the_rat »

Ran my camaro with a turbo for the first time today. Also first run with V3 with MS2extra version 2.0.1. 4 VB921 firing 2 EDIS coils as wasted spark. 36-1 trigger wheel. Will spend the day tomarrow tuning it! :yeah!:
Camaro -68, 327 th200-4r, MS2 extra, autorotor 2,2l
vlopsahl
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by vlopsahl »

Had my first dynorun today. Just a smal test. 200 whp @ 0,65 bar and 270 Nm. Good numbers for a 2,0 20V in a Audi 80 Quattro. (approximately 250 engine hp) I will go up to 1,6-1,7 bar in I while. Running MS2E 2.0.1 with waste spark. Thanks for all the hard work with the code.

Vegard
Audi 80Q 2,0 20V Turbo 630cc AEB/ABA/ABF
MS-II V3 MT2.25 MS2 Extra 2.0.1 VAG/Bosch VR 60-2 Waste spark PWM-idle
Vesku
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Vesku »

European Ford Sierra with Mustang 302Efi +T5 gearbox
Aluminum heads (2.02/1.6-valves)
Twin turbos (0.4bar now...)
630cc Siemens Deca injectors
Tfi-ignition (going to EDIS)
Innovate WB
V3 and MS2Extra 2.0.0

Have been just driven little test, but seems to be working quite good allready! Feels a bit slippery 2nd gear now, but like to see +1.2bar boost in the future. Idling 14.5AFR and stady 450rpm, if needed. Thats impressing me!

Thanks for all You folks, who have been developing and managing this all!!