edis giving no tach signal?

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

moerex
MS/Extra Newbie

edis giving no tach signal?

Post by moerex »

Hi. I am running or trying to run edis on my v3 msns-e with 2.687 firmware. anyway the edis is working. but the tach in megatune shows no rpm ever and i canot start the engine. the PIP is hooked to the tach terminal and the SAW to the S5 terminal on my realay board. any ideas?
Thanks
It seems my work is never done.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Wait a minute - is this a Megasquirt I or II? What mods do you have for the input circuit?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
moerex
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by moerex »

it is msII. no mods to speak of.
It seems my work is never done.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Ok, because the mention of MS1/Extra sort of threw me for a loop. MS1/Extra doesn't work on a Megasquirt-II.

What circuit are you using for the ignition input?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Re: edis giving no tach signal?

Post by muythaibxr »

moerex wrote:Hi. I am running or trying to run edis on my v3 MS1/Extra with 2.687 firmware. anyway the edis is working. but the tach in megatune shows no rpm ever and i canot start the engine. the PIP is hooked to the tach terminal and the SAW to the S5 terminal on my realay board. any ideas?
Thanks
You need to ask this question over at msefi.com. They support the MS2 2.687 firmware over there... Unless you're trying to use ms1 and you just have your versions of software confused.

Ken