Fires but won't run aswell

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

leejameshunter
MS/Extra Newbie

Fires but won't run aswell

Post by leejameshunter »

I currently run Ms1extra Hi-res,V3pcb,edis ignition with great results. I decided to upgrade to MS2 cpu and put jumpers in the proto area to be able to switch between CPU's. When i run the latest MS2 & code the engine runs fine for the first 30 seconds, then when the o2 signal appears the pulsewidth gauge goes from white to pink shows three --- & the engine stops. If i dissconnect the o2 input it keeps going. If i give the WBo2 lc1 no authority it still does it.
Anyway i decided to try the latest MS2/extra code. When i try to start it it's getting a tach signal, fires on cranking gets to about 450 rpm then stops, the afterstart & the warmup lights come on but the pulsewidth gauge has gone from White to pink with no pulswidth. Showimg 4ms or so on cranking but nothing on ASE & WUE so it just stops. Any ideas ?
I have 2 MS2 cpu's and they both do the same thing. I thought that one was damaged somehow so got a new one but it's the same. I have gone back to MS1 extra.
Also how do you setup the edis properly in the MS2extra code 1.0.0. I think my problem lies here somehow & it seems very different to Ms2 basecode edis setup.
boost junkie
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by boost junkie »

Can we see a datalog and MSQ file?
leejameshunter
MS/Extra Newbie

Now running!

Post by leejameshunter »

Ok i burnt the latest MS2extra code 1.0.0 to my chip again & had a fiddle with the ignition setup, started to data log, turned it over then it started & kept going. I have given up on the MS2 base code though, it still cuts out after 30 seconds when O2 signal starts.
I have 2 MS2 chips, i thought i will have MS2 basecode on one & MS2extra on the other.
When will there be some kind of manual to better explain the new features of the latest MS2extra 1.0.0 code.
I have been a squirter now since 2005 successfully squirting 2 2.0L zetecs with the Ms1extra code on ITBs, so i am not exactly a newbie squirter! I can fully understand the manuals, tuning & exaclty what the engine needs.
I can't get my head around the AEA though, i did give it a try but the base setting was not good. I did'nt use map prediction as map is not connected to manifold. Whatever i tried made it worse.
So i might just stick with what i know (MS1extra) untill i can understand the new MS2extra Code & more info becomes available.
Cheers Lee.