lost sync v3.57

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: muythaibxr, jsmcortina

lost sync v3.57

Postby spyro » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:26 am

i have a megasquirt v3.0 thats was working ok but i bought a new one v3.57 to replace the 3.0
vr sensor / 60-2
now im getting lost sync above 3000rpm i have tried to tune the pots , tried to reverse polarity but the problem stays the same
why does it work ok on the 3.0 and not on the 3.57 ?
Last edited by spyro on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spyro
Experienced MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:32 pm

Re: lost sync v3.37

Postby jsmcortina » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:27 am

That is strange. Difficult to tell what is going on without an oscilloscope.

Have you used the "lost sync" composite logger to see what tooth pattern you are getting when it loses sync?

James
I can supply, repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK.

My Success story: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
jsmcortina
Site Admin
 
Posts: 27115
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 1:34 am
Location: Birmingham, UK

Re: lost sync v3.37

Postby prof315 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:08 am

spyro wrote:i have a megasquirt v3.0 thats was working ok but i bought a new one v3.57 to replace the 3.0
vr sensor / 60-2
now im getting lost sync above 3000rpm i have tried to tune the pots , tried to reverse polarity but the problem stays the same
why does it work ok on the 3.0 and not on the 3.57 ?

I have had the same problem with MS2/Extra and a 60-2 tooth wheel. Matt Cramer hooked me up with a simple fix. Just add a 10K resistor to the signal line. I have done this on 5 MS2/extra installs that were using a 60-2 tooth trigger wheel and it fixed all of them. They were all 3.57 boards but I had the same problem with the one v3.0 board I have built. The 3.0 board install wound up with a 36-1 tooth wheel for other reasons.
Linfert Performance: The Megasquirt guy in Central Florida
92 Corrado 2.0L ABA and Borg Warner EFR 6258 on MS3Pro.
Support the developers!
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:13 am
Location: Melbourne, FL

Re: lost sync v3.37

Postby spyro » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:57 am

im going to try that today
spyro
Experienced MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:32 pm

Re: lost sync v3.37

Postby spyro » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:54 am

prof315 wrote:
spyro wrote:i have a megasquirt v3.0 thats was working ok but i bought a new one v3.57 to replace the 3.0
vr sensor / 60-2
now im getting lost sync above 3000rpm i have tried to tune the pots , tried to reverse polarity but the problem stays the same
why does it work ok on the 3.0 and not on the 3.57 ?

I have had the same problem with MS2/Extra and a 60-2 tooth wheel. Matt Cramer hooked me up with a simple fix. Just add a 10K resistor to the signal line. I have done this on 5 MS2/extra installs that were using a 60-2 tooth trigger wheel and it fixed all of them. They were all 3.57 boards but I had the same problem with the one v3.0 board I have built. The 3.0 board install wound up with a 36-1 tooth wheel for other reasons.



thanks i didnt had a 10k resistor, only a 15k but it solved the problem , now it revs clean to 8000, i have to test it on the road, but it seems ok
spyro
Experienced MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:32 pm

Re: lost sync v3.57

Postby fred d. » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:16 am

hi all ,I have the same probleme whit a 3.57 ms2
36-1 optical
I have 2set up exactly the same one it a v.3 and its fine and the 3.57 lost sync around 6000 and 6400 rpm
the reason is always 2
now i just try to add the 10K resistor and still exactly the same probleme same rpm and same code
what is the next step to check ?
fred d.
MS/Extra Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:36 pm

Re: lost sync v3.57

Postby Matt Cramer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:29 am

fred d. wrote:hi all ,I have the same probleme whit a 3.57 ms2
36-1 optical
I have 2set up exactly the same one it a v.3 and its fine and the 3.57 lost sync around 6000 and 6400 rpm
the reason is always 2
now i just try to add the 10K resistor and still exactly the same probleme same rpm and same code
what is the next step to check ?


Could you please post a tooth log of it losing sync? That will shed more light on the situation.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 8460
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:08 pm


Return to MS2/Extra, MS2, Microsquirt and Microsquirt module support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests