TS suddenly not reading CAS

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

WankelsRevenge
MS/Extra Newbie

TS suddenly not reading CAS

Post by WankelsRevenge »

FIrst things first... car info and such. Im running a MS2 on a 86 NA RX7 with Tunerstudio 2.5.05

Now the problems. I got my MS all wired in and the car started with no problems on the very first try. Drove it around for a little bit with auto tune on for maybe 5min, just long enough to go fill it up with gas. Drove home and parked it overnight. Turned out I had one of my settings wrong and made the change, got in, again started no probs and drove it around the block, noticed it was running a little hot (right around 200) so I went home and parked it. Realized I forgot to set it to autotune mode and figured maybe that was why it was idleing so high. (around 2000+) Went to start it again, and had no luck at all. Finally one of the times I happened to be looking at my laptop and noticed I wasnt getting any reading on my engine speed gauge, and figured this to be my problem. Ive checked and resoldered all my connections on my CAS wiring and all are good. Ive even used a digital multimeter and got positive readings on the CAS side of the wiring, where the wiring is spliced into the DB37 connector, and as well as into the plug itself and got good readings on all. Ive also taken my MS box apart on the off chance something in one of the boards was fried but everything looked good. All this and still no reading onengine speed. Does anyone have any idea why Im not getting any signal. This is really kicking my butt and aggrivating the hell out of me. Any help I can get would be greatly appricated.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: TS suddenly not reading CAS

Post by Matt Cramer »

Can you post an MSQ and a composite log of an attempted start? This will give me more to go on.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X