boost control closed loop sensitivity slide bar and pid

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

weeblebiker
Master MS/Extra'er

boost control closed loop sensitivity slide bar and pid

Post by weeblebiker »

been messing around with closed loop down in the safe boost level zone and having trouble with getting the settings to do what I suspect they should do.
I am running individual throttle bodies and have the map connected to the plenum feeding the itb's. I believe this should be easier to get a stable boost duty to target , except for the boost spike going off throttle, which doesn't matter

what does the slide bar do and how does it affect the pid settings?

where should the slide bar be set to not affect advanced pid?

maybe just start with the basic and slide bar???

oops, please move to the support board, sorry for cluttering the development board
v2.2 box, ms2, dual wheel, sequential ignition, staged injection, boost control, maf
'87 VW scirocco, 2L16V, TD0-14T turbo, itbs
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Re: boost control closed loop sensitivity slide bar and pid

Post by muythaibxr »

Shouldn't the line there go behind the throttles and not ahead of them?
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
weeblebiker
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: boost control closed loop sensitivity slide bar and pid

Post by weeblebiker »

nope, not really. pretty much harder that way
the primary fuel load (set as secondary as speed density has to be primary for boost control to work) is alpha-n, so boosting with the map sensor on the plenum before the throttle bodies is simply changing the ambient air density through the alpha-n table.
having the speed density pick up after the throttle plates does really weird things with the alpha-n tune when the map is changing with the same throttle vs. rpm points.
v2.2 box, ms2, dual wheel, sequential ignition, staged injection, boost control, maf
'87 VW scirocco, 2L16V, TD0-14T turbo, itbs