Making EGO correction slower

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

robs
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Making EGO correction slower

Post by robs »

jsmcortina wrote:
robs wrote:In other words it means RPM has no bearing on PW. Rather than needing a 2D lookup we could determine PW by a simple 1D lookup (like WUE).
Andy has been asking me to implement a test code that does this... I haven't got there yet.
It'd certainly streamline tuning and, if it allowed getting rid of the VE table, would free up quite a chunk of scarce RAM.

Andy: The graphs do look different and, thinking about it, the high MAP, high RPM values with be stretched out to the right while the high MAP, low RPM values stay over to the left so it will stir the graph up and particularly strengthen the influence of high RPM, high MAP points on the appearance. Just out of interest, do you end up with VE tables that are more or less the one set of values cloned in all columns? That seems to be an outcome you'd expect from this graphical target but I'd have thought things like lean cruise settings and intake/exhaust length harmonics would bring RPM dependent bumps into the table.

Have fun,

Rob.
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

I pictured something similar to warmup enrichment with sliders to develop the primary fueling curve. MAPxRPM along the bottom and Base Duty Cycle up the left. To do early tuning, you would simply put your motor at a load and slide the closest slider up and down till the EGO correction was close to 100. Then move up to next higher load (MAPxRPM) point and repeat.

Once you have a reasonably close base tune, you could move on the a Speed Density multiply correction table that starts at 100 everywhere. I bet MLV autotune could be modified to automate this process.

Here is what my 300 hp supercharged jet ski looks like.

http://www.nbs-stl.com/motec/MAPxRPM%20 ... 0Motec.png

Ironically, my personal ITB motor running MS3 is not a very good candidate as a test mule. It would at least need a Alpha-N correction table. We need to start a new thread to take this much farther.

Andy
robs
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by robs »

whittlebeast wrote: We need to start a new thread to take this much farther.
Not sure how far it'll go, but agreed.