Extremely High Voltage 25V+++

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

trconn
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Extremely High Voltage 25V+++

Post by trconn »

I'm in Long Beach CA.
When you say test bench, hoping there is something more sophisticated than the stim?
I'd be happy to have someone look at it. I'm starting to get a bit frustrated
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by rickb794 »

Have you run it on a stim?

My point is if it is not repeatable off the car the problem is in the car.
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
trconn
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by trconn »

Uneven and 434.jpg
16621volts.jpg
Very confused!
Drove the car today, cold start a little rough, since I still haven’t experimented with WUE. Then ran great! The only glitch was that there was a brief voltage spike to 1662v!!! The voltage gauge on screen was pegged most of the time.
The real problems surfaced later after a warm start. Engine ran terrible, uneven idle, AFR all over the place and another brief voltage spike, this time “only” to 443.4v.
After starting I drove a couple of blocks and the engine died. Restarted with difficulty and after about a mile things evened out and it drove OK but the idle was high and the volt gauge in TS was pegged.
I also noticed that when the voltage was reading normally in TS the AFR meter and TS were in agreement. But when the volt gauge pegged, the AFR meter would read about 2.0 lower than TS.
Another thing that bothers me is the jumper on D2, which was replaced with the backwards zener diode is still in place. The instructions say to remove it after testing with the stim. I tried that and it was a no start. Should this jumper be there or not?
Sorry if I’m a little slow on the uptake, the Apple IIe was the state of the art computer when I graduated from college.
Thanks,
-TR Conn

Sorry the .msl files were too large to be loaded.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

trconn wrote:the .msl files were too large to be loaded.
Can you try zipping them? I think it is important to see them.

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
trconn
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by trconn »

Zipped files - Hope it works
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

Yep..... That worked!

Pretty wild looking voltage going on there. Unfortunately, the resolution to your issue is way above my pay grade!

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
trconn
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by trconn »

Ken,
Thanks for following along and making suggestions.
Unfortunately the warm start file with the roller coaster idle is still too big after zipping.
Next thing is going through all of the wiring to the sensors and computer. See what happens.
-TR
Made another warmish start with the uneven idle and rising voltage.
trconn
MS/Extra Newbie

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Post by trconn »

Yep, I screwed up!
On the suggestion that the problem may be in the car and not the MS I checked over the wiring today.
I checked the resistance at pin 19 on the harness to the chassis. "0 ohms"!
Further checking revealed that I had hooked the sensor ground to the coil ground (pin 7). I made the stupid assumption that since the wire on the harness was b&w that it must be the sensor ground.
After a simple rewiring job, everything seems to be as it should. I just got back from a test drive with a big smile on my face.
Thanks to all who provided input.
-TR :yeah!:
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

Ya gotta love it when a plan comes together!! :lol:

Glad to see you got it solved. :D

Ken