Time to do some upgrades

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Time to do some upgrades

Post by rickb794 »

Diagnosis of a problem requires detective work.

You have to logically step through every aspect of an issue until you can positively eliminate it as a suspect.

Replacing an alternator for no reason is not diagnosis.
What if there is a bad fuse link in the alternator output circuit?
Were the old alternatorS tested? (I say "S" because 3, really?)
If they did test bad, after 3 I would demand a refund or an alternator from a reputable (at least different) source.
However there is always a chance that your car is killing alternators.....

Disconnect the alternator and make a log of the motor running and minimum accessories turned on.

Then you will have data to support whether or not the alternator and it supporting circuitry is related to the fault.

If it is do a voltage drop test on the output circuit and all battery cables.

If it is not then do a wiggle test or one of the many other suggestions, and keep doing those until you find the problem.
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
euro2fast4u
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Time to do some upgrades

Post by euro2fast4u »

So i have been slowly going through and cleaning up issues. One main item was the Capacitor. adding the cap in really reduced noise. Secondly, after testing numerous alternators what i determined was the voltage offset for the ecu was actually wrong. Adjusted the offset and its closer to the real world.

Been building circuits now for launch control and knock sensor input.