Knock sensor.

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

107merc
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Knock sensor.

Post by 107merc »

Is there anyway to modify an MS2 to accept 2 knock sensor inputs and to do a setup in Tuner Studio??
It looks like TS will only accept a signal from one source at a time. Everyone I talk to says 2 sensors, one at cyl. 2 and one at 4 are required
for accuracy on an inline 6.. Seems like most manufacturers of inline sixes use 2. Any info appreciated.
hybrid
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Knock sensor.

Post by hybrid »

One knock input only.
And it can't be connected directly to the ECU. It needs some kind of module, such as KnocksenseMS.
Do not load someone elses tune and expect it to work for you!
107merc
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 107merc »

So I would need MS3 with a JSM add on board for two knock sensors.
That will wait for an ECU upgrade.
Thanks everyone.http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/Meg ... 5-153.html
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Correct; the MS3 has a lot more knock sensing capabilities than MS2. Not just two knock sensors - you can set them to listen during specific crank angles, and more.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
SethU
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by SethU »

I'm fairly certain that the KnockSense module can be configured to accept two knock sensors, summed and wired into one input of the KnockSense, which provides a single knock output signal to the ECU. But, it's something that has to be specified when you order the KnockSense unit... as far as I know. That was the process of ordering mine anyway. However, my application is not the same, it's a V8... but does utilize 2 sensors from the factory.