Peer Check on Engine Settings

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

BagD72Chevy
MS/Extra Newbie

Peer Check on Engine Settings

Post by BagD72Chevy »

I have a 1995cc 4 cyl with a 36-1 toothed wheel from DIYAutoTune. Microsquirt v3.0 running MSExtra 3.3.3. At #1 TDC tooth #9 is centered on the sensor. Wasted Spark COP (1-4 & 2-3) and the injectors are wired the same (Inj1 1-4 & Inj2 2-3).

I could not get it to start yesterday. It just popped a little bit. I was getting Tach input in TunerStudio. I read alot this morning and figured out that I had some mistakes. I had the coil set to single coil so I changed it to Wasted COP. Also I had the tooth #1 angle at 90° but read it should be 80°(correct me please if this is wrong). I set the fuel to 4 squirts per cycle, Alternating, and Semi-sequential. I'm not sure where to put the Injection timing so I set it to 80° but this is probably not ideal, Seems like I should move it up to inject on a closed valve, maybe 50-60°?

uS V3.0 on turbo 1.6 Suzuki Samurai
BagD72Chevy
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Peer Check on Engine Settings

Post by BagD72Chevy »

Also attached is a picture of the 36-1 crank wheel installed at TDC for verification.

grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

how is your coil setup? wasted cop uses 4 ignition outputs but fires them in pairs. wasted spark uses just 2 outputs on a 4 cylinder that is?
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by rickb794 »

It has been a while since I set one up, but you count the number of teeth from tdc to to tooth #1, that looks to be in the neighborhood of 290°¿
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
BagD72Chevy
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by BagD72Chevy »

grom_e30 wrote:how is your coil setup? wasted cop uses 4 ignition outputs but fires them in pairs. wasted spark uses just 2 outputs on a 4 cylinder that is?

You are correct. The Wasted COP threw an error in Tunerstudio. I realized it was 2ch vs 4ch changed it to wasted spark, burned it and the engine fired right up.