V3.57 ignition output

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Baggedgoods
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: V3.57 ignition output

Post by Baggedgoods »

Thank you. I will update shortly
Baggedgoods
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Baggedgoods »

Currently I have the opto tach circuit hooked up. This is how it came from diy. I did change them to the vr input circuit just for shits and giggles and then changed it back. The car started and ran prior to the bip installation. I'm just curious on which tach input is preferred for my setup. According to this link http://www.msextra.com/doc/general/tachin-v357.html it says to use the universal vr input for optical sensors and that the opto input is only used for - coil triggering. Well I had the car running on the opto input and was getting a tach signal through it but no timing control
Baggedgoods
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Baggedgoods »

Well, I'm not getting an rpm signal to tuner studios. Maybe if I try connecting the jumpers as the link says above for the vr input, that might work. Curious about needing the resistor from 12v to pin24. I've read all over that it's needed because the cas signal is only 5v and the ms needs 12v? Or the other way around.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

For an optical you really just follow the instructions for a hall sensor input. You have to work out if it is an open collector sensor or one with pullup in built. That is detailed in the hall sensor section. You also have to adjust the pots to suit a hall sensor input, also detailed in the section. http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/MS2 ... .4-62.html
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke