Injector Bank Fuel Trim / Compensation

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

acee_dub_
MS/Extra Newbie

Injector Bank Fuel Trim / Compensation

Post by acee_dub_ »

Hello, I have a VR6 12v motor on MS2v3. I am noticing that the plugs on my cyls 1,3,5 are burning lean compared to 2,4,6 and was wondering if there is a rough guideline on adjusting the trim for that bank of injectors to provide some more fuel.

I do not have a WB connected to the individual cylinders, so I would be unable to test the AFR, but adjusting and re-checking plugs / temps for those cyls should allow me to dial it in better than it is currently. Could anyone advise on this, or which setting would have to be adjusted to provide more fuel?

Bank 2 are default values, Bank 1 are the settings I normally use for both.

Thanks!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Injector Bank Fuel Trim / Compensation

Post by Matt Cramer »

You only want to use the separate bank 2 setting if the injectors themselves on bank 2 are different, such as a staged injection system with different sizes or even high impedance injectors on one bank and low impedance on another. In your case, you're trying to send in a different amount of fuel on one bank, but using the same injectors. So instead of using separate injector characteristics, you want to use dual table mode - this will let you use one VE table for 1, 3, and 5, and a second VE table for 2, 4, and 6.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
acee_dub_
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Injector Bank Fuel Trim / Compensation

Post by acee_dub_ »

Thanks! I will give this a go, I have seen that option, was just inquiring to see if that is the proper way of doing this