DIYAUTOTUNE harness - very tiny ground wires?

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

turbogrill
Helpful MS/Extra'er

DIYAUTOTUNE harness - very tiny ground wires?

Post by turbogrill »

Hi,

I got the diyautotune harness with my Microsquirt. I am very pleased with it except the ground wires looks way too tiny (the black ones).

They seem to be 18-20awg? I don't think that is appropriate for something that carries 10amp. (20Amps total divided into 2 wires).

Is there something I am missing?
Suprazz
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: DIYAUTOTUNE harness - very tiny ground wires?

Post by Suprazz »

On mine, there are 2 big black wires... Same size as the injectors outputs and ignition output
Best looking and most advanced CAN-bus gauge
Toyota Supra 7MGE, 7M-GTE and 1JZ-GTE Plug and play ECUs: http://www.perfecttuning.net
Serial to Bluetooth or Serial to WiFi
DIYAutotune Canadian, EFI Source and ECUMaster reseller!
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

What are you connecting to the Microsquirt that will use 20A of current? That's definitely not a normal or recommended configuration.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
turbogrill
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by turbogrill »

racingmini_mtl wrote:What are you connecting to the Microsquirt that will use 20A of current? That's definitely not a normal or recommended configuration.

Jean
That is what the manual says in the grounding section.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

That graphic seems to be a copy from the MS2 manual with only the Megasquirt name changed over to Microsquirt. It should also have had the maximum current lowered to something around 10A (or maybe less) because the Microsquirt will not support the same current that the V3.0 or V3.57 main board injector drivers can.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
turbogrill
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by turbogrill »

racingmini_mtl wrote:That graphic seems to be a copy from the MS2 manual with only the Megasquirt name changed over to Microsquirt. It should also have had the maximum current lowered to something around 10A (or maybe less) because the Microsquirt will not support the same current that the V3.0 or V3.57 main board injector drivers can.

Jean
Aha ok!

Thanks!