microsquirt in 5mge low impedance injectors

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ZOOMZOOMs
Helpful MS/Extra'er

microsquirt in 5mge low impedance injectors

Post by ZOOMZOOMs »

I´m working in a 5mge 1982 toyota supra, all stock except maf delete.
decide to start with fuel only, wired as the doc in diy autotune, the car starts and work well at first...
now we´re working the tune on the dyno, and found that after 5 seconds of wot..it leans out severely... now we´re looking at the pump and filters, but a little question cames to my mind... does the micro works with the oem resistor pack and low imp injectors??
can you guide me to calculate the amp when the resistor pack have only two resistors , one for each bank ..?
do you think that this could cause my problem

thanks in advance for your advise!

Juan
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: microsquirt in 5mge low impedance injectors

Post by Matt Cramer »

The stock resistor pack is probably accurate. Can you post a data log of what's going on, along with your MSQ?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
ZOOMZOOMs
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ZOOMZOOMs »

2017-05-15_12.33.08.msl
prendida supra.msq
this is the last tune file... i have tried a lot of thinks...so it is not accurate.. but let the car accelerate clean for the first 5 or 6 seconds , then at 4th gear in this log (82.948s) it falls in his face... and goes ultra lean... (i´m using the dyno w.b so you are not able to see it at the log)
the more time i kept wot ... the worst it gets.

thanks for your help Matt
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by rickb794 »

Have you monitored fuel pressure at the rail under load?
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

The engine shutting down seems to have been accompanied by a processor reset. Where exactly is the MicroSquirt grounded?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
ZOOMZOOMs
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ZOOMZOOMs »

the micro is wired to the oem ecu conectors, the reset is a consecuense, not a cause!!!
we checked the fuel pressure at the rail, and found 43 psi rock solid at all wot speeds,also take the return line to a bottle to check if there,s low flow at high speed, but everithing seems o.k
the oem resistor pack seems to use a 3ohm resistor for every three injectors (just two resistors inside the pack), so for now i´m wiring every injector with one 10 ohm resistor.
ZOOMZOOMs
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ZOOMZOOMs »

sooo we tryed the 10 ohm resistors in line for each injector... and being able to make 4th gear wot passes on dyno. but... only can take one pass and we have to let it idle 10 minutes to cool and then we make another pass :|
think that i´m done... tomorrow gonna throw some high impedance injectors .. hope that it works!!
ZOOMZOOMs
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ZOOMZOOMs »

High impedance injectors resolve my trouble, if any one have similar troubles with microsq in a 5mge, i seriously advice you to make the change to a high impedance injector.
thanks a lot for the help
Juan