Would appreciate help/guidance (Toyota 1mzfe v6)

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

confusedyettrying
MS/Extra Newbie

Would appreciate help/guidance (Toyota 1mzfe v6)

Post by confusedyettrying »

Hello all.
i have recently installed a Microsquirt v3 with ms2/extra 3.4.1 onto my Toyota 1mzfe 3.0L V6. I cannot get this thing to run or Idle for the life of me. I believe all hardware/components work..(everything seems to work appropriately via test modes) below are relevant specs and tune/log files
Engine will start. but will not run/idle it just hunts stumbles and dies. trying to keeping it running makes the afr go super rich to super lean and back and forth???
best result thus far was having it floored while cranking and engine fired and revved up and sounded pretty decent.
I have tried keeping it running to log and use VE analyze in Megalogger. but it keep suggesting more fuel... but i feel as i have plenty of it/ pushing fuel out of the exhaust.
Also been trying to model same or similar engine tunes/tables but has only gotten me so far.(things like the diyautotune 5vz build)
17-1mz tune.msq
2017-05-17_00.08.26.msl
2017-05-17_00.24.07.msl
SPECS:
MIcrosquirt v3. firmware. ms2/extra 3.4.1
Tunerstudio 3.0.22
Toyota 1mzfe 3.0L V6 (mostly stock with gt3582r attached)
trying to run batch injection so only set to single wheel missing tooth with tooth 1 angle a 156 seemed to sync with timing well.
36-2 trigger wheel
also on stock 245cc/min injectors.
using stock crank sensor and trigger wheel
stock igniter and 3 waste spark coils also oem.

my wideband is a AEM UEGO controller with a bosch ls 4.2 (square plug) sensor.

I'm in over my head but i feel like i'm close but I dont know what direction to go in.

Anyone who can chime in . or take time to go through my tune and log I GREATLY APPRECIATE it.

-M@
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Would appreciate help/guidance (Toyota 1mzfe v6)

Post by slow_hemi6 »

I notice your battery voltage is low and stays low, No alternator?
Why do you have a second multiplicative VE table?
Also have a look at your AFR target table. On an engine that can pull 25 kpa on start up I would not be having 16:1 from 1100 to 2000rpm @ 30kpa.
Using VEAL is not helping. Do not use it on idle areas and do not use it till you have an engine that is warm and idling well.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
confusedyettrying
MS/Extra Newbie

Thank you for response..
I will look at /revise the tables when i get home from work.

The 2nd table came with tune file. Didn't think it did much unless i turned on dual table. How do i get rid of it?

Also. I am having a hard time being confident with what TS claims for voltage. Or means i need a new power source.
Battery was probably low by then was messing with it for a good hour cranking blipping etc.

But yeah voltage drop on crank seems apparent. But can't find anything wrong..
While cranking TunerStudio shows less than 9volts. But battery has 11v while cranking?

Also i am powering MS via power from engine main or efi relay to where it sent power to the stock ecu.
I would have to double check at home to confirm where it comes from.

Unfortunately that also powers my wideband... should i change these? <<< ^^^^^
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

In General Settings, set the Secondary Fuel Load to Disabled.
The MS will compensate for low voltage by increasing the time the injector is powered and the time the coil is dwelled.
Cheers Luke
confusedyettrying
MS/Extra Newbie

Hey man. Thank you again for taking time to check it out..
Reloaded previous ve table. got rid of the secondary table. And looked over the tune again.
Added a little timing in idle area. And wow! Actually ran and sounded ok. Also held idle! Little lower than i wanted but 750 +/- rpm isnt bad..

Though when i rev it up is rather stumbly and hesitant.... is this my lack of accel enrichment?
Or something else?
Will post new tune/log file within a day.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Stumbling/hesitation on quick throttle transition is probably AE. But a VE table that is not tuned will make that much more pronounced. Work on getting the VE table dialed in with slow transitions before you go snapping at the throttle.
Cheers Luke