my latest log could you check

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mini-sprite
Helpful MS/Extra'er

my latest log could you check

Post by mini-sprite »

This is log of the latest tune. This project is not road legal and will be going for mapping soon. Could anyone suggest any improvements. WUE still to do but I've now got a stable idle and stable AFR at idle.

Paul
"i'll get there in the end"
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: my latest log could you check

Post by grom_e30 »

you do not have any accel enrichment kicking in hence it going lean on throttle stabs.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
mini-sprite
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by mini-sprite »

Is that just a case of turning TPS dot on in accel enrichment or is there some user inputs to get a curve?

Paul
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

the tps dot is used to decide when its triggered, but there is a curve to set how much fuel is added based on the tps dot number
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
mini-sprite
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by mini-sprite »

AE is turned on I'm not too sure how to interpret the logs how does this look?

Paul
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

your very throttle happy, open the accel wizzard with the engine at idle and watch the graphs give a small pop and watch what the tps and afr do, if it leans out without ae kicking in adjust the 'tpsdot threshold' once you have it kicking in as it should. start giving it a bit more gas keeping an eye where the dot ends up on the curve and adjust it up or down so you keep a more steady aft on throttle transitions
mini-sprite
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by mini-sprite »

grom_e30 wrote:your very throttle happy, open the accel wizzard with the engine at idle and watch the graphs give a small pop and watch what the tps and afr do, if it leans out without ae kicking in adjust the 'tpsdot threshold' once you have it kicking in as it should. start giving it a bit more gas keeping an eye where the dot ends up on the curve and adjust it up or down so you keep a more steady aft on throttle transitions
I'll have to have another go at this, i don't think i'm understanding properly.
mini-sprite
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by mini-sprite »

This is better and picks up a bit quicker still a slight stumble.

On a plus point the WUE is good :D

erm i'm getting a message "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." so can't attach
mini-sprite
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by mini-sprite »

I've added a little bit more fuel at idle which has improved the engine pickup and it doesn't stumble now. I'll probably leave it at that now until i can get it across to EFI parts and get it mapped. At least i can comfortably drive it on my trailer. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

As matter of interest, what is the engine? By your mini-sprite name?
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
mini-sprite
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by mini-sprite »

DaveEFI wrote:As matter of interest, what is the engine? By your mini-sprite name?
The user name has been with since the introduction of car forums. I was into classic mini's and A series stuff until i got fed up with the maintenance. I then joined the 16vmini club back in 2004 and built a red top (Vauxhall) engined mini. i then got the hill climb bug and it kind of morphed into a full on race mini that was running DTA and about 230bhp :D

I then got bored and wanted another project so i parted that out and started the space frame MX5 1.8 engined racer (current project and the megasquirt build) using the existing shell, just less of it. This one will be turbo eventually and a fully built forged bottom end to go with (currently in boxes teasing me). For now it N/A till i get the niggles ironed out and see what breaks. I'm going for 270bhp with this one.

I also have a classic mini with a Suzuki Swift 1.3 GTI engine in it that is the weekend pocket rocket which was the first mini i ever bought back in 2002, this was a 1.3 mini sprite SPI. That's me mini-sprite :D

Paul