Ethanol percentage gauge not working

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Slo895.0
MS/Extra Newbie

Ethanol percentage gauge not working

Post by Slo895.0 »

Setup:
MS2 Extra code 3.4.2 on a V3 board
GM Flex Sensor 13577429
Wired to JS7 input

I have my GM fuel composition sensor in my return line and wired as it's supposed to be but when i enable the flex fuel sensor in TS i only get a value of 1%, and this is with 1/2 tank of E85...
I have the signal wire connected to JS7 with a 10K ohm (also tried a 5K ohm) resistor run to the 5V source on the MS board and the other end tapped into the Signal wire. I have PE0/JS7 selected as my sensor port in TS under Fuel Sensor Settings. but no matter what i do the Ethanol Percentage gauge in TS will only read 1% :x

If i measure the frequency on my Flex sensor signal wire i get 92hz (with my key on and fuel pump running) with the fuel pump off it drops down to 51hz so i know the sensor is reading. So why doesn't MS see this? :?:

I think MS is seeing an Error some how because if i set my Fall Back Fuel Multiplier % to 163% (or any number for that matter) the fuel multiplier gauge reads that number which would indicate an issue correct?
It wont let me attach the tune file but i can share it with anyone who needs to see it.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Ethanol percentage gauge not working

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Did you do the js7 jumper wire mod to the MS2 daughter card? http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/MS2 ... .4-30.html.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
Slo895.0
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Ethanol percentage gauge not working

Post by Slo895.0 »

No I did not.. oops. I bet that will fix my problem.
I will do this tomorrow and see what happens.
Thank you slow_hemi6!!!