Launch control signal through baro

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

cshively310
MS/Extra Newbie

Launch control signal through baro

Post by cshively310 »

So I'm running mspnp2 on my sr20det. I'm wanting to wire in my launch control clutch switch. I already had it wired in previously through the launch pin on the optional port which I believe is wired to the flex jumper. now I wired in ac idle up through tableswitch and had to move the flex jumper to table switch to do so. the only other available port that I can select in tuner studios is baro since I don't run a baro sensor. my issue is I cant figure out which pin on the ecu goes to baro on the board to wire it in
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Launch control signal through baro

Post by rickb794 »

Is that a "microSquirt module" or something different?

Some models don't have all the ports.

The baro port on a uSquirt is spareADC2
An MS module spareADC2 is pin 16 on the J2 header, at the processor it is AD7-1
What happens to that on a MSPNP board?
I don't see it on the DIY doc for a MSPNP Gen2.
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
cshively310
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by cshively310 »

according to the manual I was sent with the module pin 16 on the optional port is spark B output. I believe that ADC2 on mine is knock input which I am using and ADC1 is Baro but I could be backwards. My knock sensor input uses the same pin as the factory ecu on the factory plug so I can run the factory sensor with factory harness. but this motor does not have a external baro sensor from factory so I'm assuming I need to use one of the optional ports? not sure. if I had a schematic to show me which ecu pins go to adc1 and adc2 on the main board I would be able to figure it out but I cant find anything online.
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by rickb794 »

pin 16 of the J2 header on the microsquirt not the PNP.

You need to go inside the PNP The spareADC2 does not come outside the PNP (on the one I looked at on DIY)

Is this what you have? https://www.diyautotune.com/product/meg ... ual-trans/
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
cshively310
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by cshively310 »

ok so then it isn't possible for me to run my launch input through baro then. so is there any other way you can suggest for me to be able to run launch and ac idle up at the same time? if not I guess I can always leave it how it is now and move the jumper back to flex when I'm at the track but I would like to be able to have both hooked up and functioning without having to move the jumper everytime I want to switch
cshively310
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by cshively310 »

rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by rickb794 »

You have launch control on pin 13 of the Options port

The instructions say you can do Idle up on PE1 instead of Flex.
Is there a reason you can't go that route?

I don't have enough info to help any further, you may have to wait till after the holiday for someone who does.
cshively310
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by cshively310 »

in order to use pe1 I had to move the jumper on the main board off of flex over to pe1 is it possible for me to use both at the same time? I'm also wanting to run a table switch input to it for a failsafe on my water meth injection kit and I can only use pe1 or flex for that as well. tuner studios also lists remote port bit 0-7 as an option for an input but I have no idea what those are