Horribly out of time both figurtvly and literally.

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

cr4zyn8
MS/Extra Newbie

Horribly out of time both figurtvly and literally.

Post by cr4zyn8 »

Hi friends,
My friend and I are trying to get his competition rock crawler together for the first comp of the season and of course we are way behind schedule. So as much real time help and patience with incompetence would be extremely appreciated.

We swapped in a 2.0 J23 Suzuki Aerio engine and everything is hooked up but its horribly out of timing. it seems like we have some setting in tuner studio (ms2 3.4) wrong because cylinders 2 and 3 seem to be sparking at a decent frequency but 1 and 4 spark once every few cranks it seems. its got a 36-1 crank sprocket and a 3 bar map.

Can anybody please chime in with what we might have gotten wrong. I know this is a fairly vague post but time is running out for us to make our comp and we are running out of things to try.

Thanks
-Nate
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Horribly out of time both figurtvly and literally.

Post by dontz125 »

Just to be clear, you fellows are using a cased MicroSquirt?
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
cr4zyn8
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Horribly out of time both figurtvly and literally.

Post by cr4zyn8 »

Yup microsquirt.
Also. We figured it out! The Halifax sensor was just far enough that it would pick up the reluctor ring for half a revolution, then the ring would run out a little bit and the sensor would stop reading the ring. Mooved the sensor closer and all of a sudden everything worked awesome! The buggy is going back together and its looking reasonable for us to make the comp this weekend!

-Nate