TUNING HELP

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

sparks454
MS/Extra Newbie

TUNING HELP

Post by sparks454 »

Hi all. Built my MS2 about 3 years ago. Ran my Procharged 350 TPI on the tune just fine. Car sat apart for the last 2 years. Rebuilt the entire car last year. New 383 in it now. Same injectors with more fuel supply in the form of a larger in tank pump for the install of the Procharger to come yet. I was wanting to break in the motor as is first. New heads and bigger cam this time. Intake still the same as years ago. Car would not start. Plugged in the old tune and turned on the HEI bypass on SPK B. Car fired but would not idle at all. Been playing with all the startup settings for days. Same results time after time. Need throttle immediately after to keep it going. Once it warms a little it will idle around 900. It's a manual car too. Fuel pressure running around 48psi at idle with 10-11" vacuum. This is also speed density converted with no MAF. What's bothering me is the AFR on the wideband gauge corresponds to the data log and When at part throttle around 2000rpm it sounds like crap, starts cutting out and shows super lean. The pod gauge is pegged past 18 and the log shows 25 for AFR.

So my questions are does anyone see major issues with the tune as is? Second, why are the VE tables jacked up so high without the blower? Part throttle VE I would expect to be maybe 20% or more less than what's showing. I have moved the PWM injector dead time from how it was before at .763 to .9 and it runs too rich and quits. I can probably up it some and reduce the VE table, but the starting issue I can't put a finger on. I have moved, one at a time mind you, the ASE % and WUE%,etc..up and down with little to no change at all. I also redid the required fuel calibration since the motor is now 383ci. I also have the trigger offset at 4 degrees as I show 28 on the balancer at idle and TS shows 28-32 at idle. Timing bounces a few degrees back and forth too. Also in the tune it shows the RPM spiking to over 10000 on occasion, usually during cranking. Anyone explain that? Just frustrating as it ran great when parked and disassembled 2 years ago. Any direction would be good. Car hasn't left the garage yet...and today the new Aeromotive in tank pump died.

Thanks in advance guys. I'm no stranger to tuning as I used to do all the OBD1 stuff and now use HPTuner stuff on the newer cars. This one is frustrating me though.

Thanks,
Chris