TPS eratic 5volt

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nzgrub
Helpful MS/Extra'er

TPS eratic 5volt

Post by nzgrub »

Please find attached an oscilloscope screen shot of what should be a stable TPS voltage. Is this amount of noise on the TPS signal normal or is there something that may be not right in the megasquirt. I am not very electronics literate so please keep it simple. It has the same noise both at the 5v output from the megasquirt and after the TPS.
Thank you in advance.
oscCapture.JPG
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: TPS eratic 5volt

Post by jsmcortina »

It is difficult to tell what precision your scope has, but that looks to be at the minimum level it can detect. I think that's likely an acceptable level of noise.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

If it is 200mV/div then that would be around 40mV, which is just under 1% in a 0 to 5v resolution.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
nzgrub
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by nzgrub »

Ok good to know it's normal, So i have to have the TPS averaging Lag factor set to 10 and the TPSdot Threshold set to 35% otherwise I get TP Accel Enrich happening at random times. Those settings mean I have to stomp the accelerator otherwise I get lean stumble. Is there any way to smooth it out?
nzgrub
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by nzgrub »

Another bit of info, my TPS (from a Suzuki gs1000) only changes voltage from 3.5 to 4.2 so those spikes are a lot more than 1% in that range.
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by rickb794 »

A different TPS may be in order, especially if you are using Alpha-N or Hybrid which is heavily dependent on TPS.
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
nzgrub
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by nzgrub »

Hi all,
Still working on this, have been mucking around with potentometers to see if I can get a more stable tpsDot.
I have noticed that the lower the ADC count the better the tpsDot, even only getting 10% with a lag of 80 at ADC count around 20.
At 3/4 throttle ADC count of about 300 I get big tpsDot movements, as per picture.
I notice I have a lot of mapDot movement as well.
These are all without car running.
accelwiz.JPG