4AGE sync loss while cranking and low rpm

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

xtimmyx
MS/Extra Newbie

4AGE sync loss while cranking and low rpm

Post by xtimmyx »

Hi,
Ever since I've swapped over to a smallport 24 tooth dual wheel Nippon Denso CAS and started running COPs on my 4AGE I've had issues getting it started and idling.

It struggles to get an RPM reading while cranking and looses sync on idle when cold (~1100rpm). I've wired Ne to VR+, tried both G1 and G2 to VR2 and run the shared ground to VR-.

I've got the car running with both G1 and G2 but have the same problem with both.

I tried switching from falling edge to rising the other day which gave me a strong signal while cranking, but the day after when trying to set the timing it was just as bad as with falling edge and I only got blips of RPM reading.

I'm running Megasquirt DIYPNP and I've attached my tune and some logs from when I got the car into this weird state where it would idle for a second, loose sync and almost stall for a second, and then go back to idle for a second and repeat.

I don't really know how to read these composite logs so any help is greatly appreciated as I'm desperate to get it going again and heading out for a drive!

Thanks!