Now help with WOT tuning......

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Onefast66nova
MS/Extra Newbie

Now help with WOT tuning......

Post by Onefast66nova »

I have been getting in cruising AFR and tune dialed in and using some autotune feature. So far its running pretty good. It is a true LS1 stock minus 1 7/8 longtubes. I have a content sensor plumbed into return side and using corvette filter/regulator for now till I go LSA supercharger and 6.0. As for now I attached this mornings pull and it feels to have a miss and interment stumble under WOT. I looked at my data log and I think Im running out of injector. Anyone else see any major issues. This is my first EFI and Microsquirt Thanks in advance. Bill
BlackBird_SR71
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Now help with WOT tuning......

Post by BlackBird_SR71 »

Looked at your Datalog. It a bit on the short side ( Time wise ) , but you are definitely running out of fuel somewhere. At WOT IDC goes to 121.8 % and PW hits 28.2ms . IDC should be in the 80 to 85 % range and PW should never go above approx 16 ms. AT 6000 RPM a 20ms PW is 100% IDC.

So you have either too small of injectors or not maintaining fuel pressure and volume.

Give us some more details on the exact components in your car. Particularly injector brand an size , Fuel pump and FPR with current Fuel Pressure setting.

Engine want more fuel.
BlackBird_SR71
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by BlackBird_SR71 »

What is the engine out of? Year and model. Want to punch some calculations into the VE generator, and the HP and Torque figures vary according to what vehicle the engine came in.

Please confirm injector size is 300 cc as listed in Req-Fuel??? Are they the stock injectors?? That the engine came with? Any other mods to the engine other than headers?

Are the Injector DT's accurate?
Onefast66nova
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Onefast66nova »

The engine is out of a 98 camaro and injectors are the stock camaro ones. The fuel pump is out of a I believe mpi Astro van as it is a popular swap for the wagon gas tank. Using corvette filter regulator combo and have 6 an line. I believe those are the specs on the injectors as what I found on google for them. I plan on getting 80lb. I am thinking of not using e85 after seeing this till I get the bigger injectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk