HEMI 5.7 Falling or Rising Edge.? SOLVED.

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

micotito
Helpful MS/Extra'er

HEMI 5.7 Falling or Rising Edge.? SOLVED.

Post by micotito »

Bit confused here Have this Jeep Wrangler with a RAM 1500 HEMI 5.7 Engine SWAP, cranking but not starting. MS2 Extra 3.4.2

Crank sensor conected as 420A circuit tachselect to XG1 and 5v pullup to C30 and 5V supply to sensor from pin 26., Wasted Spark. 36-2+2.

Firing order 1,8,4,3,6,5,7,2. Confirmed with test mode that Spark A fires 1-6, Spark B fires 8-5, Spark C fires 4-7, Spark D fires 3-2.

Now using Falling edge got a perfect signal no Sync Lost but my timing is erratic, engine stops and backfires, disconecting all coils except 1 and 6 and same behaviour. Checking with a timing light I can't even find the timing mark, I made a TDC mark on damper.

Using Rising edge engine doesn't stop or backfire even tries to start but MS keep losing sync Error 28, and using timing light fires exactly at 10 degrees before TDC on cylinder 1.

What I'm missing here? Attached MSQ, rasing and falling edge csv and logs. Please help cause I'm very confused by now. Don't know what is next step.

Second post with rising logs.
Last edited by micotito on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
micotito
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: HEMI 5.7 Falling or Rising Edge.?

Post by micotito »

Rising edge logs
micotito
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: HEMI 5.7 Falling or Rising Edge.? SOLVED.

Post by micotito »

Just for future reference, It is solved kind of.

Correct setting is Falling Edge. I confirmed it with a NSRT4 that I have working and comparing composite and tooth logs.

What was wrong I think the engine has the trigger wheel backwards or 180* off. I received the engine already build.

Correct firing order should be 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 Spark A for 1-6, Spark B 8-5, Spark C 4-7, Spark D 3-2

Finished using this config

Spark A for 4-7
Spark B for 3-2
Spark C for 1-6
Spark D for 8-5

And engine start and runs smothly.

I know for sure it is not a software bug because I have Installed a lot of NSRT4 without any problem but this is my first V8. So the only thing that comes to my mind is the trigger wheel was misplaced.