Air Charge temperature sensor

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Dubs Chops
MS/Extra Newbie

Air Charge temperature sensor

Post by Dubs Chops »

Hello all, I got a MSPNP for my 89 fox mustang and would really like to get it installed today. My car currently has the ACT sensor removed for some reason. Can I buy a GM one at the parts store and hardwire it to my pigtail or do I need to get a factory ford one? I am hoping to get it installed today so any help would be great!!

thanks

BW
WillExoIX
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Air Charge temperature sensor

Post by WillExoIX »

IIRC the MS units are calibrated for GM sensors, However I am not sure about the Plug and Play units. I would assume they would be calibrated per the application of the unit. I would wait for a definitive answer here.
Megasquirt 2 V3.0 Running Msextra 3.4.2. in a 1989 Camaro RS .48AR/60mm Turbo 3.4L/700R4
Boost control, Fan control, Stepper IAC, Launch/Antilag, Working on the GMDIS, and Methanol injection
Dubs Chops
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Dubs Chops »

Im assuming since it is plug and play it should be calibrated for the ford sensor??? anyways I found a stock one at the parts store so I am getting ready to go install.
WillExoIX
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by WillExoIX »

Dubs Chops wrote:Im assuming since it is plug and play it should be calibrated for the ford sensor??? anyways I found a stock one at the parts store so I am getting ready to go install.
My way of thinking as well.
Blown88GT
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Blown88GT »

Dubs Chops wrote:Im assuming since it is plug and play it should be calibrated for the ford sensor??? anyways I found a stock one at the parts store so I am getting ready to go install.
MSPNP's are not 100% Plug n' Play.
The Ford ACT & CTS have the same thermistor, therefore the same calibration.
If it didn't come with instructions they are here:
https://www.diyautotune.com/product/meg ... stang-5-0/
MSPNP Gen 2 manual
'86-'93 Mustang MSPNP installation guide
MS2/Extra documentation
1988 Mustang GT, 59k miles, Orig Owner
ProCharger 600B I/C, 12psi, FRP Hdrs, Flwmstr F2, 3G Alt, Contour Fan & DCC, 3.55's, Prog Sprg, Subfms, UCA, LCA, FCA, Tokico 5's, Bridgestone RE-71R 245/40R17, Crane HI-6, Kirban FPR, MS2, DIYPNPF60, Spartan 2, C&L76mm blo-thru MAF, 47lb FRP-LU47
Dubs Chops
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Dubs Chops »

Well I have it installed, I had to lengthen the lead for the ACT sensor and I mounted it in the intake tube. Along with a few Misc trips to the parts store. I just got to start it up about an hour ago. However I am getting a start then immediately it dies. I guess I need to turn data logging on and see what it says is going on.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

MSPNPs are calibrated for the Ford sensors out of the box. If you've switched to a GM sensor, you will need to send the GM calibration under Tools -> Calibrate Thermistor Tables.

As for the starting difficulty: :msq:
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Blown88GT
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Blown88GT »

1988 Mustang GT, 59k miles, Orig Owner
ProCharger 600B I/C, 12psi, FRP Hdrs, Flwmstr F2, 3G Alt, Contour Fan & DCC, 3.55's, Prog Sprg, Subfms, UCA, LCA, FCA, Tokico 5's, Bridgestone RE-71R 245/40R17, Crane HI-6, Kirban FPR, MS2, DIYPNPF60, Spartan 2, C&L76mm blo-thru MAF, 47lb FRP-LU47