#1 tooth adjustment issues

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

260zl28et
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: #1 tooth adjustment issues

Post by 260zl28et »

I'm using a cheap timing light. I have the clips directly on the battery. I've swapped the clamp on the plug lead around on occasion and have even replaced the spark plug leads. I might just purchase a new timing light. Any suggestions on timing light?
260zl28et
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 260zl28et »

Okay, this experience has actually been pretty educational for me since I'm now going through and checking the ECU board etc. After reviewing the MS instructions for a turbo 280zx, I'm thinking that my board has been built incorrectly. For instance, a lot of the proposed cable jumps don't appear to match and there are also cable jumps that have been conducted that aren't prescribed. I've uploaded a couple of images to help. Is there anyone on here avle to confirm this? Image link follows:
MediaFire link: 20171024_220812.jpg and 1 more
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4xzlec ... upxbj7l8rl
Thank you,
Aaron
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by rickb794 »

Ignition appears to be jumpered for D14 output, you have JS10 set in the MSQ posted.

Cant see what is going on in the proto area?

Something in the proto area is connected to JS10....
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
260zl28et
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 260zl28et »

Switching the computer from JS10 to D14 changed everything. I've now got the engine synced.
Thank you all for your help!
Case Closed!