MS2 3.0 no spark update l28et nissan

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

softopz
MS/Extra Newbie

MS2 3.0 no spark update l28et nissan

Post by softopz »

Ill try to keep it short I know its hard. This is for Jhill I built the board and harness here is Previous post
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 01&t=66986 we are getting Tach signal.
I made a mistake with JS10 is wired to IGTB out thats been fixed spark is now coming out only on 3 / 4. Which feels to me its setup for wasted COP / wasted cause those cylinders are usually paired. I followed the instructions from DIY https://www.diyautotune.com/support/tec ... gger-disc/ which states.

---Make sure it is set for Hall / optical input (TachSelect to OptoIn, TSEL to OptoOut). ( DONE)

--Cut out C12 and C30. (Only needed when triggering from the – terminal of the coil, which you are not) ( DONE)

--Remove D1 and jumper it, or just install a jumper wire across it’s leads. (Only needed when triggering from the – terminal of the coil, which you are not) ( DONE) aslo d2 is jumpered per 3.0 assembly guide for hall input.

--Cut out R57 ( DONE)

--Connect S12 to TachSelect using a 1K resistor. (Or you can use a 1K pull up in the wiring, between pin 24 and a 12V source.) ( DONE) ( used a new pull up)

--If you want sequential coil on plug (or sequential injection with the 3.2.1 code), you’ll also need a second trigger input. Solder a 1K resistor onto a length of wire, and cover the resistor with heat shrink tubing. Connect this resistor-on-a-wire combination from JS10 to SPR1. Did not do this is for single coil. Now the following instructions are all done however do they apply to sequential?!?!?! because they dont distinguish it in the article.

--Solder a 470 ohm resistor onto a length of wire and cover with heat shrink tubing. Run this resistor-on-a-wire from the 5 volt terminal in the proto area to SPR1. ( DONE)
Connect a 0.1 uF capacitor from JS10 to SG or the proto area ground. ( DONE)

--Install the spark output of your choice. BIP373 or QuadSpark output mods are two possible choices. OEM Nissan SR20DET ignition modules require 5 volt logic. The second person who fixed the mistake I did iGBTOUT now here is part two of the mix up......

The person who fixed it also jumpered top of R26 to side of R57 which is d14 out in TS that is the beige wire in pic. However I dont know if his msq has been updated to reflect that. DIYauto has sent him an msq I have not seen the last one SO it may be as simple as that BUT why only 3 / 4 getting spark which leads me to believe that it has been sent out to d14 in TS.
the setup is
ms2 3.0 3.4.1 firmware Iknow now its buggy with EDIS issues but this is not EDIS however the 3 / 4 cylinder spark only are EDIS paired Terminal wierd( I have a new msq based 3.4.2 I will update his firmware today hopefully)
single coil with nissan l28et dizzy and diy wheel
attached are jumpers of the board currently top and bottom.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS2 3.0 no spark update l28et nissan

Post by Matt Cramer »

First thing to check: Are you able to get spark in output test mode?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
softopz
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by softopz »

The setup is not infront of me I'm helping remotely. I imagine he will get spark in the output test mode cause he says it's only on cylinders 3 4?
softopz
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by softopz »

Problem solved thanks car running now
https://youtu.be/I2F3fKPuIrE
turbo conversion
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by turbo conversion »

What did you find?

David
1976 Datsun 280Z L28ET Garrett GT35R T3-T04E stage3 50 trim 63 A/R housing custom grind cam 2000-6000 rpm 440cc injectors intercooled 18 lbs. boost
3" exhaust turbo back LC-1 o2 sensor Hallman manual boost controller EDIS 6 ignition batch fire 60mm throttle body 5 spd T5 borg warner 3.54 lsd