injector bank #2 and fuel pump ground

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

christiondavid
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: injector bank #2 and fuel pump ground

Post by christiondavid »

Ok Dave that was it I found a bag full of Q2 in my stash of parts and fuel pump output fixed injector problem fixed I am super excited but I will say what a pain it is to change out that Q2 and with my bad eyes even worse but yes :yeah!: :yeah!: all working as it should a million thanks to all who gave there input.
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

It's why I asked if it was mounted tight to the PCB. I always mount them about 1/2" above the PCB. You can then snip the legs to remove the transistor, and remove the remaining bits of leg one by one.

Glad its all good again. It's quite common for this transistor to fail - and I'm not sure why.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
christiondavid
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by christiondavid »

I really thank you and yes this time i mounted it a little higher this way if it happens again it will be way easyer but yes thank you again.
christiondavid
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by christiondavid »

Ok instead of opening another post thought I would ask here since it might be what caused my problems In the first place even though they have been fixed thanks to the help from the great folks of this forum, ok so I was going through some of the post and I ran into a post where someone was asking abought wasted spark and extra outputs, my question is I am running wasted spark and using js10 to output spare 1 for my nitrous setup and js11 to spare 4 for my launch control, my question is will any of these output damage anything because iam running wasted spark as I was reading that wasted spark turns on spark outputs a b c d and I think they said it would affect js11 ? Is this correct, I did want to use d15 for vtec control could I still use it or running wasted spark affecte any of thoes output, the way that I have my wasted spark is i am using a TC4427 top of r26 top of R29 4cyl wasted spark spark A to spare 2 spark B to spare 3, again thanks for everyone's help and sorry for so many questions.
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

Using any port direct means a possibility of damage to it with a wring etc fault. The work round is to add a buffer stage. The LED drivers being a simple example.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by rickb794 »

Yes, wasted spark on a V8 will use all 4 spark outputs, a 4 cyl will only use the first 2.

I would get all the basics working then add extras.

The port usage matrix is found in Section 3.6.1 of the Hardware manual

I don't see where you detailed what you are working on, you have a very full feature set you wish to use.
You can use only certain ports for certain functions, Ignition is the first as most ports are hard coded and you can't juggle them.
The other options have a few different port choices.

wasted spark < up to 4 ports (number of cylinders divided by 2)
nitrous < needs 2 ports (in/out)
launch control < 1 port
VVT < MS2 does not support variable, only on/off, 1 programable output

You will also probably need to install both jumpers on the processor to enable the full feature set.
Last edited by rickb794 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
christiondavid
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by christiondavid »

DaveEFI wrote:Using any port direct means a possibility of damage to it with a wring etc fault. The work round is to add a buffer stage. The LED drivers being a simple example.
For launch control I built this in the proto aera https://www.miataturbo.net/attachments/ ... utchin.jpg will have to look how I set up nitrous control, could I still use r27 to control a relay for vtec? Even if I am using wasted spark ?
christiondavid
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by christiondavid »

Would I have to remove anything in order to use
christiondavid
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by christiondavid »

rickb794 wrote:Yes, wasted spark on a V8 will use all 4 spark outputs, a 4 cyl will only use the first 2.

I would get all the basics working then add extras.

The port usage matrix is found in Section 3.6.1 of the Hardware manual

I don't see where you detailed what you are working on, you have a very full feature set you wish to use.
You can use only certain ports for certain functions, Ignition is the first as most ports are hard coded and you can't juggle them.
The other options have a few different port choices.

wasted spark < up to 4 ports (number of cylinders divided by 2)
nitrous < needs 2 ports (in/out)
launch control < 1 port
VVT < MS2 does not support variable, only on/off, 1 programable output

You will also probably need to install both jumpers on the processor to enable the full feature set.
Yes that made sense I just took a look at 3.6.1 I did see what you mean abought the outputs thanks for your reply I will have to fix a couple of things befor I move on.