Microsquirt V3 1UZFE

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

bigmobe18
MS/Extra Newbie

Microsquirt V3 1UZFE

Post by bigmobe18 »

90 1uzfe engine having issues with crank / cam signal.
Stock Dual Dizzy
microsquirt v3 running 3.4.2
using stock g2 cas from bank1 5btdc and stock 12 tooth crank wheel. this is a 12+1 system which should bee seen as a 24+1
bank 1 4 fuel injectors to inj1
bank 2 4 fuel injectors to inj2
ign1 to igniter 1 to coil 1
ign2 to igniter 2 to coil 2
GM AIT
Toyota CLT
Vr1 to Ne crank pos
Vr2 to G2 cam pos

ign out is set to going high as tuner studio says to do so, but I'm unsure if that is correct as some things say its inverted other info does not. spark out needs to send out a 5v signal and cut it not have a continuous 5v signal then cut it.

I will attach the msq and a log.

Also would it behoove me to switch to 3.830b as the Microsquirt specific site says to do, it seems there is a conflict the forum says 3.4.2 though.
Attachments
send to forum.msq
current msq
(118.98 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
send to forum.csv
last log of the night
(214.71 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Last edited by bigmobe18 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Microsquirt V3 1UZFE

Post by Matt Cramer »

There's two separate code branches; 3.4.2 is the latest MS2/Extra version. I would try some noise filtering on the cam sensor; it's getting a lot of noise pulses.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
bigmobe18
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by bigmobe18 »

I re-did the ecu ground and got perfect crank signal added 416 uSec to cam and it reads good signal but look like it cuts out for some reason.
also when cranking the rpm is 260-230 and will cut to 0rpm for a split second in the gauge readout to the left of the composite logger.
I have tried uSec up to 4999 but it is at its best from 400-800 and doesn't seem to get any better after that. I have tried tach period rejection and and still wont fire off correctly but there is spark, there has always been spark.

If remember correctly the cam vr sensor sits in a metal housing I think it is touching that housing as well which would be grounded could this cause the problem? I know the factory ecu has much more leniency and buffers in what can be out of spec and still run. Engine runs fine on stock ecu.

What would cause the cam pos sensor to cut out. I cleaned it and even depined connector and swapped polarity that didn't work and became worse so swaped that back to normal.

msq and log below.

Thank You
Attachments
filter 416 send to forum.csv
log
(44.99 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
good crank semi good cam send to forum.msq
good crank wave
(118.92 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

This looks like it may simultaneously have too much noise filtering and not enough. An external LM1815 based conditioner may be needed here, or swapping to a later VVT type crank trigger (which doesn't need a cam sensor).
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
bigmobe18
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by bigmobe18 »

I believe I might be having the same problem muythaibxr had on his ms3 4age he had to write a crosstalk filter for it. I'm going to try the vr2 shunt on the back of the board and see if that works. I can always desolder if needed.

I would really like to not modify the crank wheel to a 12-1.
bigmobe18
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by bigmobe18 »

Used the built in vr2 resistor shunt on back of microsquirt board and 200uSec filter my cam signal is perfect now. Also crank is perfect aswell just used the crank filter tapering down as rpm climbs. Just gonna post this for future reference to microsquirt users that have noise issues.

Thanks for the help.
Also can the thread be renamed to Microsquirt V3 1uzfe Crank and Cam signal noise